• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Pants

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pants"

Collapse

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    (For Clippy)

What, in your opinion, is the best brand for underwear in terms of quality and fit?

Gents - no graphic descriptions please.
    Ladies - a description or disclosure of size and colour is optional but encouraged.
    I don't get too fussy.

I resent spending my own money on this stuff and so suggest them to the family as ideas for Christmas or birthday presents.

I have rather a lot of next boxer shorts now though.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    The Aussie rugby team IS pants.

Leave a comment:

• sli_gryn
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The Aussie Rugby team have 13 - one extra for the match day they kak their pants.
    OI!!!

and don't try and tell me your bloody Johnny pretty boy isn't taking a dump when he does his little duck waddle!

:

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I've got seven pairs of pants, one each for Monday, Tuesday, Wed... etc etc

Aussies have 12 pairs.. one for January, One for February, One for March etc etc...
    The Aussie Rugby team have 13 - one extra for the match day they kak their pants.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I've got seven pairs of pants, one each for Monday, Tuesday, Wed... etc etc

Aussies have 12 pairs.. one for January, One for February, One for March etc etc...

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I never pay cash for pants, every year I upgrade my drawers (I've done it again ) with the Next and M&S vouchers I get for Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I work on the principle that they are not needed.

My wife can then choose to buy me any that she likes and they will get used accordingly, if she doesn't buy any.....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Gap trunk boxers are better - a nice fit, sort of elasticated and they don't 'gather' at the waist or rise up the thigh. Bit pricey compared to M&S - and I'd never spend that much on the CKs - I used to buy them, but they fall apart too easily - the elastic just can't handle rough treatment.
    <cough>
    Try cracking one off less often.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Gap trunk boxers are better - a nice fit, sort of elasticated and they don't 'gather' at the waist or rise up the thigh. Bit pricey compared to M&S - and I'd never spend that much on the CKs - I used to buy them, but they fall apart too easily - the elastic just can't handle rough treatment.

<cough>

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post

As for socks, I thought all IT bods wore sandals without socks.
    With

Despite their sizing issues I find M&S and Next pants seem to last longer than any of the carppy so-called 'designer' labels you find at TK Maxx, saying that I can never bring myself to spend £15 on a single pair of CK’s so I can’t comment on them.

My top tip: Go for the stretchy trunk style for maximum support but avoid white ones.

HTH
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 21 January 2008, 12:58.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    (For Clippy)

What, in your opinion, is the best brand for underwear in terms of quality and fit?

Ladies - a description or disclosure of size and colour is optional but encouraged.
    Cheeky fooker

M&S boxers for me.

Think Paxman is right to an extent - M&S seem to have changed their cut a bit.

As for socks, I thought all IT bods wore sandals without socks.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    started a topic Pants

Pants

(For Clippy)

Working...
X