• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brown gives £825 million to India"

Collapse

• Marina
    replied
    It's probably related to GB campaigning to get India admitted to the Security Council as a useful ally there - For example, if the UK is booted out of the EU or leaves voluntarily (e.g. if GB loses the vote on the EU Constitution and one thing leads to another) he needs as many allies as possible in the Security Council, to vote against motions put forward by France to kick the UK out of that as well. Possibly.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Even a blind chicken gets a piece of corn every now and then.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    flip off and quit scaring me
    You remind me of the monkeys in the museum using typewriters. By the laws of chance they occasionally type something right.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    I meant the President, not the Prime Minister. The President used to be Dr. Abdul Kalam who is a muslim, but that changed in the middle of last year (I'm out of date obviously). He also had a fair bit to do with India's space policy so I fail to see how that space policy is now going to make all muslims hate India.

Yes there are a lot of uneducated Muslims living in povity in India, but there are also a lot of uneducated Hindu's and Sikh's living in povity in India too.
    Ah the irony, the irony .....

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    Manmohan Singh is a Sikh.
    I meant the President, not the Prime Minister. The President used to be Dr. Abdul Kalam who is a muslim, but that changed in the middle of last year (I'm out of date obviously). He also had a fair bit to do with India's space policy so I fail to see how that space policy is now going to make all muslims hate India.

Yes there are a lot of uneducated Muslims living in poverty in India, but there are also a lot of uneducated Hindu's and Sikh's living in poverty in India too.
    Last edited by Ardesco; 21 January 2008, 15:56. Reason: I swear i'm getting dyslexic in my old age... :(

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    For once I agree with Troll. There's something about that religion that keeps it's followers backwards.
    flip off and quit scaring me

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    For once I agree with Troll. There's something about that religion that keeps it's followers backwards.
    its

HTH Atw.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Same as muslims over here then

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Chantho View Post
    Well it sounds like a lot of money but a quick calc shows that it is about 18.74 rupees (24p) a year per person if everyone in India gets an equal share.
    Thats half a days pay for some people

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by Beavis View Post
    Dudes - seems pants to give aid to a country that has nuclear weapons and a space program
    Well it sounds like a lot of money but a quick calc shows that it is about 18.74 rupees (24p) a year per person if everyone in India gets an equal share.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    muslims in india are seen as being at the bottom of the ladder and have one of the worse literacy rates in the country
    Same as muslims over here then

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Considering that many muslims live in India (I belive that the person running the country at the moment is a muslim too) I would suggest that this is a load of carp. Standard media lets make somethign up to make the story seem a bit more interesting.
    muslims in india are seen as being at the bottom of the ladder and have one of the worse literacy rates in the country

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Considering that many muslims live in India (I belive that the person running the country at the moment is a muslim too) I would suggest that this is a load of carp. Standard media lets make somethign up to make the story seem a bit more interesting.
    Manmohan Singh is a Sikh.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    hmmm interesting:
    apparently this will be seen as a "sinister tie-up between India and Israel by the middle east"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7199736.stm

I think we have to keep India on side.
    Considering that many muslims live in India (I belive that the person running the country at the moment is a muslim too) I would suggest that this is a load of crap. Standard media lets make somethign up to make the story seem a bit more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    hmmm interesting:
    apparently this will be seen as a "sinister tie-up between India and Israel by the middle east"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7199736.stm

I think we have to keep India on side.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X