• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The time has come..."

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Southern and Considerably Richer than thou northern peasants
    yow

PS Sunderland is grim, well it was the last and only time I went, dark, dank, dirty. Locals fashion seemed several years behind the rest of the country (Southampton is also a bit like that).
    Went to visit a friend and someone tried to steal my car on the first night, a horrible place
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 January 2008, 18:04.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    ..to finally admit my location is Sunderland.
    Mrs BGG's mum is from Sunderland and moved down south 2-3 years before Mrs BGG was born.

Mrs BGG did have an accent until she was about 16, when we met, and she's lost the accent now.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    London.
    Definately then!!

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    That really depends on where from
    London.

Leave a comment:

• Joe1978
    replied
    well my girlfriend thinks i sometimes "talk all funny" and i have me mam send down a regular supply of stotties and pease pudding so its bearable!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe1978 View Post
    As an exiled north- easterner Sal i appreciate the gravity of the situation and the bottle it takes for Geordie to admit they are living a lie as a mackem!
    But if memory serves though Sunderland isnt THAT bad is it?
    Mind you i grew up on the outskirts of Teeside so i think everywhere is alright by comparision

I must admit I adore Sunderland. It's like Newcastle was 20 years ago (when it was good, and well before all the cockney stag parties arrived!)

I'm even going to have my Hen Weekend there now It beat pretty still competition from London and Benidorm I can tell ya!

I hope you're exiled somewhere cool Joe - somewhere where they know what a stottie is, and all the lasses love your accent

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied

When I first joined up I was just too embarrassed (being a Geordie and all)...but I feel I've finally come to terms with it.

This will mean nothing to you bunch of whiney arsed southerners like, but it's a massive deal around my parts (oo er).
    Being up in Scotland at the moment I class you all as softie southerners.

Mind you - I was born in Warwickshire (in the midlands to those of you who are geographically challenged) so maybe I can't talk!

And congratulations to you for your success....now all I need is a similar motivation (and way of measuring it) to make me fitter as well as slimmer.

Leave a comment:

• Joe1978
    replied
    As an exiled north- easterner Sal i appreciate the gravity of the situation and the bottle it takes for Geordie to admit they are living a lie as a mackem!
    But if memory serves though Sunderland isnt THAT bad is it?
    Mind you i grew up on the outskirts of Teeside so i think everywhere is alright by comparision

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I seem to remember I donated a carton of Sunny Delight to help the locals?
    They would have prefered a Greggs Pasty you tight wad!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

When I first joined up I was just too embarrassed (being a Geordie and all)...but I feel I've finally come to terms with it.

This will mean nothing to you bunch of whiney arsed southerners like, but it's a massive deal around my parts (oo er).
    Is that the place that had an earthquake that destroyed it a few years ago? About £27 worth of damage was done. boom boom.

I seem to remember I donated a carton of Sunny Delight to help the locals?

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    O/w

They'll have a hell of a job to airlift you though!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Do they even have an air ambulance in Sunderland. Where is this £18 I've got profit warnings out for going to go?
    The air ambulance in Sunderland needs all the support they can. They do a marvellous service.

And it's about £26 so far I'm afraid honey

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Do they even have an air ambulance in Sunderland. Where is this £18 I've got profit warnings out for going to go?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    Do you need a Visa to travel to Sunderland?
    That really depends on where from

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Do you need a Visa to travel to Sunderland?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X