• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A Course I am going to do"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    So who's the eggman then?
    and the Walrus

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    So who's the eggman then?
    Humpty Dumpty?

Leave a comment:

• James Tiberius Kirk
    replied
    Oi!

I'm not loose, I'll have you know...
    Just your bowel movements eh?

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    our

Just as well we have 2 pcs eh? that wil really confuse em...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    Can you see my cunning double bluff there?
    our

Just as well we have 2 pcs eh? that wil really confuse em...

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    well you are everyone on here except me - careful or people will start talking about you/me/us.
    Can you see my cunning double bluff there?

The only "person" I'm not is Zeitghost which is a login used by a loose conglomeration of alien entities from the Andromeda galaxy.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    There's no need as I am Lucy.

well you are everyone on here except me - careful or people will start talking about you/me/us.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    And when are you marrying Lucy?
    There's no need as I am Lucy.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Yes I am Spartacus!

And when are you marrying Lucy?

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    How would you feel if you said the wrong thing and someone ?
    You mitigate this by making sure people pay in advance.

I am absolutely shocked that Lucy could not solve Brillo problems in one short thread in a Contractor website.... who saw that result coming. I am sure we all firmly believed such a calm and reasonable type like Lucy giving therapy to a certified nut case like Brillo would have been the worked perfectly...

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Yes I am Spartacus!
    No, I am Troll.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Now I know you are a troll(or the troll)
    Yes I am Spartacus!

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    so lets ignore the ovbious troll just for a moment. What you said was "In his experience 90% of people with "depression" simply needed to be firmly told to sort themselves out."

What about the other 10%? Or are they all complete knobcheeses who also need to be told to sort themselves out?

Now I know you are a troll(or the troll). But Lucy is proposing to do this on a professional basis. Would you be happy if she gave out this advice to everyone and risked someone topping themselves?

troll away...
    Yes. This psychiatrist said the same. The 90% who can be helped in most cases need to be told to get a grip and respond to that, the remaining 10% can't be helped and will probably top themselves anyway. Seriously, this is what he said. There was a similar programme on TV last year about people with O/C disorder. The therapist with the highest success rate in treatment said that rather than trying to understand them and give them sympathy, they needed to be shown how stupid they were and told to sort themselves out. On the programme he treated four people and all were sorted out by the tough love approach.

In any case, from your OP you sound like a deeply unpleasant person to meet and get along with. That does suggest that you are the problem and only you can address that.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Have you thought of joining the samaritans? You are missing your calling...
    I did a three hour shift once and all three people I talked to topped themselves, one of them was a wrong number as well....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    One way to get rid of a bunch of whining gits who are invariably having 6 month breaks off work and claiming money for doing flip all*.

(*This post is of course made in jest, i don't really wan't to see people topping themselves)

Have you thought of joining the samaritans? You are missing your calling...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X