• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Price of fish

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Price of fish"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    When I read this first read this thread I sent an email to my fish'n'chip shop inquiring: "How much are we charging for fish, chips and mushie peas today?"

Just got the answer:

"about £6".

I swear I am going to replace them with Poles.

threaded in "can't get the staff" mode

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    I make good chips, I think I will have to find the peeler and chip me some potatoes!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Mmm fish and chips yum.
    Yeah, chips is food for the Gods if cooked right. No soggy ones. Crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, hot, and covered with masses of salt and vinegar. Hmmmmm.

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Mmm fish and chips yum. I'm getting hungrier!

Cod £3:30
    Chips £1:30

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Chips don't rise too well to a trout fly.

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    £14 for between 10 and 18lb of trout.
    No chips though ?

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    £14 for between 10 and 18lb of trout.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    £5.80

Cod and chips from the nearest place - in Richmond Upon Thames, Surrey. Great food though - but utterly rubbish service.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Here you go: http://www.superfishuk.co.uk/takeawaymenu.html

The menu from my local chippie.

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    Pickled eggs

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by G8_Summit View Post
    Being from oop north and now living darn sarf, I was amased the first time I came across pea fritters. Does anyone actually eat them ??
    They're not half as foul as jellied eels. Yuk.

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    Being from oop north and now living darn sarf, I was amased the first time I came across pea fritters. Does anyone actually eat them ??

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Medium Cod £3.90
    Chips £1.30
    Mushy Peas 70p

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    F & C

£ 12 for 2 portions - nice though - in Islington. Small price to pay for keeping an institution alive.

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    £2.80. Chips £1.50. Includes free salt, vinegar, polystyrene tray, paper and a little plastic fork.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X