• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Shoes

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shoes"

Collapse

• ~Craig~
    replied
    Just seen some half-decent shoes in Russell & Bromley. I did look in Jones but they only had rubber-sole sale tat.

Going to wait until i'm in London next and find somewhere that sell Loakes.

I did see some nice Oliver Sweeney's......£229

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    John Lobb Ltd. have been making very fine shoes for many years now.

They are slightly more expensive than the Tesco Value Range though http://www.johnlobbltd.co.uk/main/pricelist.htm

You should note that the prices exclude VAT.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Currently wearing Crocs, really comfortable.
    You just have to be careful when putting them on, you could loose your foot if you put it in the wrong hole.......

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    comfortable.
    frickin ugly

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    City Slickers

Loake seems to be the winner then.
    Sebago is a similar one - $ 100 in the US but over £ 100 in the UK

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Currently wearing Crocs, really comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• robnjc
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Oliver Sweeney, Loake or a pair of Churches

Loakes every time for work. Never paid £130 for a pair yet though - try Slater Menswear if theres one near you.

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Yeah, but that's because you've got six toes.

I still think a pair of beige hush puppies take some beating. Or will get you some beatings.

I always forget which way round that saying goes.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Very Very wide finlike feet

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Back street cobblers, get made to measure, just take a pic of the style you want, it's all I do

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Back street cobblers, get made to measure, just take a pic of the style you want, it's all I do

Leave a comment:

• dude69
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I always used to get those.

A size nine pair of Doc shoes would always fit, be comfortable straight away, and go with all my casual clothes.

I could just go in and buy a pair without even trying them on. Perfect shoe shopping for a bloke.

But the last pair that I got absolutely hurt like hell. I did a bit of research to see if I could find out what was different about them from the previous time that I bought a pair and found out that they are now being made in China. To add insult to injury the price has not gone down at all.

I suppose it is just possible that I happened to get a bad pair, but I won't be getting any again to find out.
    You should go to Camden.

http://www.britboot.co.uk/

That shop there.

They sell Dr. Martens and British-made Dr. Marten-alikes (slightly more expensive).

Nice shop.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Loake

None better Linky

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by s2budd View Post
    I wear either:

1) A good pair of Dr Martin shoes. Not the ones with yellow thread around the outside and made of hard leather but the more normal looking ones with soft leather. Very comfortable and hardwearing. They also don't slip on ice water or oil. About £60
    I always used to get those.

A size nine pair of Doc shoes would always fit, be comfortable straight away, and go with all my casual clothes.

I could just go in and buy a pair without even trying them on. Perfect shoe shopping for a bloke.

But the last pair that I got absolutely hurt like hell. I did a bit of research to see if I could find out what was different about them from the previous time that I bought a pair and found out that they are now being made in China. To add insult to injury the price has not gone down at all.

I suppose it is just possible that I happened to get a bad pair, but I won't be getting any again to find out.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    At what point does the average IT bod go from £200 brogues to £30 hush puppies? 40, 45, 50?
    Once you are married and no longer give a stuff. Got a lovely pair of Asda hush puppie alikes on myself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X