• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Xmas Flu

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Xmas Flu"

Collapse

• El_Diablo
    replied
    I have a soar throat I think it's coming my way

Mrs Diablo gave it to me! I forgive her though, new year new start

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    I had a flu jab back in November

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom View Post
    The permies are all at home for some reason,
    So would you be if you got paid £50 a day (net)

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    I've got it and most in the office. The permies are all at home for some reason,

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Im hopefully at the end of it now, just a loose cough now, managed to pull myself to the clients today to work. Seems lots of people have it, its sounds like a doctors waiting room in office today. Missing my bed today though and the day is draggggggiiiiiinnggg
    Messing

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Im hopefully at the end of it now, just a loose cough now, managed to pull myself to the clients today to work. Seems lots of people have it, its sounds like a doctors waiting room in office today. Missing my bed today though and the day is draggggggiiiiiinnggg

Leave a comment:

• monkeyboy
    replied
    Wife has it. Apparently its regressive so the dcotor says. You start feeling better then it gets worse again. Nasty bug. Have avoided so far.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Aaaaaa...chooo!

I was OK over Christmas but developed a bit of a throat and itchy, stuffy nose in the last couple of days. Doesn't seem to be getting any worse. Nothing like flu, in my case.

Leave a comment:

• fridge
    replied
    the GF and her parents had it all over xmas and only now starting to feel a bit better.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Aaaaaaaaaargh!

Now you've got it too, Moose...

Where's the "unclean unclean" smilie gone?
    I had it before Christmas, fortunately. Better now.

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Started to feel ill boxing day afternoon thought it was a hang over, then during the night it just came on, put me in bed for 4 days now, totally lost my appetite which has never happened before, vomiting thought it was on way out but b*stard seems to be coming back again. Didn't work on Thurs, Friday and today, cant afford more time off.

Anyone had it, is a virus going around, how long have others had it, misses is coming down with it as well now ?
    I got away with it this xmas, but... for the previous three years I got hit repeatedly, so maybe my immune system is tougher this forth time around.

I had the same symptoms as you last time, thought I'd got over it then bang, right back on my knees again. Really not pleasant and seems to knock you off balance for months if you get hit really hard by it.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Here's a "get well soon" hug for all you poor lambs...

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
    even SA's got it, I think...
    Yep - been wiped out and had no holiday what so ever

humph

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Started to feel ill boxing day afternoon thought it was a hang over, then during the night it just came on, put me in bed for 4 days now, totally lost my appetite which has never happened before, vomiting thought it was on way out but b*stard seems to be coming back again. Didn't work on Thurs, Friday and today, cant afford more time off.

Anyone had it, is a virus going around, how long have others had it, misses is coming down with it as well now ?
    I've had it all over Xmas and can't seem to shift it. comes and goes, and is bloody draining, you have my deepest sympathies

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Yep... I've got it, a few mates have it, my Mom's getting it, my Dad's getting over it... even SA's got it, I think...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X