• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Confession

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Confession"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I am morale officer on AtW's forums.

Just to elucidate, lest the irony of the emoticon be lost or miscontrued. DP really is moral officer on Atw's forums

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I am morale officer on AtW's forums.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I have no doubt you are technically up to writing the code, but as to running a business, marketing, advertising, planning, finances, recruitment, you haven't a clue.

Just having some working code is a long way from running a profitable, sustainable business.

Time to eat some reality sandwiches me thinks.

I’m surprised to hear you say that. I was speculating as to whether you were one of Alex’s volunteers? From my quick perusal last night on his boards, I see you’ve posted there, and on his blog. Getting people to work for free and supply servers seems like a hell of a unique business model. He has also already got interested party's, a potential market identified and written articles for the press. That seems very advanced to me

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I have no doubt you are technically up to writing the code, but as to running a business, marketing, advertising, planning, finances, recruitment, you haven't a clue.

Just having some working code is a long way from running a profitable, sustainable business.

Time to eat some reality sandwiches me thinks.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Better ranking == more traffic. So those sites that make money from traffic have a lot at stake if their ranking position works. SEO market is pretty big and there are hundreds of millions at stake.
    True.

Good luck with it Alexi. I hope it works out.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No, I did not take anybodies code - I wrote mine from scratch: 250k+ lines on the last count, that's 31 lines per each post on CUK
    Ironically, on my last project, I posted 31 times on CUK for every line of code I wrote.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    It's so cold out there right now, that trying to mate will probably lead to disaster for a male squirrel
    Not if he puts it somewhere warm

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Does it have anything at all to do with the mating habits of squirrels
    It's so cold out there right now, that trying to mate will probably lead to disaster for a male squirrel

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I like your avatar, but this information is under embargo until at least Q1 next year - don't want the world to suspect what SKA really is before it is too late to change anything
    Does it have anything at all to do with the mating habits of squirrels

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    You've gotta ask yourself; who the hell names a "female" persona, "Denny"???

What's wrong with "Susan"?
    Susan is sasguru's alt

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    For goodness sake, don't ever consider getting bought out by Gibson Guitar Corp. PM me for more details if interested in their "practices". I was the IT Manager for Trace Elliot Ltd.
    Interesting you say that. More likely to be one of the big Japanese companies, they're already sniffing around since their efforts have been stalled for years. I'd like to pursue this further if ya don't mind...

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I've just spent 4 months on a project, will be announced at NAMM in Los Angeles in January, 1000+ advanced orders based on the prototype already, factory being built to produce it, employees interviewed and currently being trained, A - list musicians queuing up to endorse it.
    For goodness sake, don't ever consider getting bought out by Gibson Guitar Corp. PM me for more details if interested in their "practices". I was the IT Manager for Trace Elliot Ltd.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Ya what??
    You've gotta ask yourself; who the hell names a "female" persona, "Denny"???

What's wrong with "Susan"?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Anyway, on the topic - I am Denny. Don't take my posts under this account too seriously, it's a test of my feminine side, very b****y one
    Ya what??

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Anyway, on the topic - I am Denny. Don't take my posts under this account too seriously, it's a test of my feminine side, very b****y one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X