• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New tax ideas for Gordon"

Collapse

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by RandyW View Post
    Me too. So many identities, so little time...
    You're TPDing

ho hum!

Leave a comment:

• WotNxt
    replied
    The government doesn't want to tax children as we are not making enough as it is to pay for the oldies' pensions in a few years time.

How about reforms to the benefits system that would reduce its cost and alleviate the need to raise the tax income?

Perhaps ... anyone on unemployment benefits for more than X months:

a) has all their "luxury posessions" sold immediately to help pay for the benefits. (Well, they can buy a new TV when they get a job to pay for it.)

b) no longer paid with money but in RATIONED food, clothes, energy, etc.

c) if their abode is above their new status then it is seized, put at the disposal of the public purse and they are moved into small purpose built simple accomodation.

d) they are required to attend either one of the following each working day unless sick: (i) an approved training course OR (ii) a job interview OR (iii) unpaid community work.

Leave a comment:

• RandyW
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Glad we sorted that one out, I was getting confused.
    Me too. So many identities, so little time...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I think you were him last, I have him next week.
    Glad we sorted that one out, I was getting confused.

Leave a comment:

• RandyW
    replied
    Churchill, of course.

Am I Spartacus or is that you?
    I think you were him last, I have him next week.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    If I'm Churchill, who are you...?
    Churchill, of course.

Am I Spartacus or is that you?

Leave a comment:

• RandyW
    replied
    You are Churchill and I claim my £5.
    If I'm Churchill, who are you...?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Wow, a bigger spelling nerd than me. I think I'm in love
    You are Churchill and I claim my £5.

Leave a comment:

• RandyW
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post

rein
    Wow, a bigger spelling nerd than me. I think I'm in love

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    What about red? Besides Gray squirrels are vermin.
    No one spotted this...!

Grey - Not in America are we... tsk tsk...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post

rein
    deer

oops, sorry, thought this was the word association thread.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Kathy for PM !

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    [quote=Board Game Geek;394627
    >Children : Ok, so technically needed for continuation of the species, however it should be a privilege to have children, not a right. £50[/quote]

Sterilise all children at birth.
    At the legal age of majority - whatever that may be as long as it is after puberty - the children have to take a test each year to determine if they are "responsible" enough and can afford to look after their own children without taking state benefits.
    If they fail the test then the sterilisation remains in force until they pass the test. Upon registering a second child, the mother and father will be taken back into hospital to be re-sterilised, which will not again be reversed unless they lose one of their existing children.
    At any time during the life of the mother/father, if one or both have to go on state benefits they are sterilised so that they don't have children that the state has to support (even indirectly).

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Howibout a spellging tacks ?

That shoold urn Gordourn sum nighce pennys.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    One spends £1000 on a licence, and then has free reign to kill them. The grey ones are just like rats, only cute...

rein

Leave a comment:

Working...
X