• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Life insurance

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Life insurance"

Collapse

• robnjc
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Also get critical illness cover, and do not "overbuy"
    absolutely - my mate got Parkinson's and the the insurance just paid out enough to pay off his mortgage......

course he was lucky it was covered - a lot of policies only cover thing like the Big C, and then not all of them.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    FWIW (quite a lot to my family ) I used cavendish online to sort mine out.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    http://www.cavendishonline.co.uk/ they use Norwich Union but pass the commission back by having a one off up front fee, they were recommended to me by a financial advisor friend.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Thx. Should have posted in other forum anyway I guess.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    here's where we covered it last time:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...life+insurance

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Have a look on money saving expert and see what they suggest (or you could just search CUK where it's been discussed before )

I arranged mine by paying an up-front arrangement fee of something like £50 and then there is no commission after that, so you get a better deal.

Typical rule of thumb is to take how much you earn in a year (not sure how that really works for a contractor, so I made an educated guess) and multiply it by ten.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Got many quotes from conrtactor money folks, there very helpful. Helped me out looking for a package that would help out family should my income cease to be. That was through BUPA.

By the by your seeking life assurance, not insurance, death is inevitable you know.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...wful-news.html

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    In light of today's news obviously
    What did I miss?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    In light of today's news obviously, I've got to get off my lazy arse and go get me some.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Also get critical illness cover, and do not "overbuy"

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    started a topic Life insurance

Life insurance

In light of today's news obviously, I've got to get off my lazy arse and go get me some.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Working...
X