• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Charidee

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Charidee"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    I give to loads of different charities, mainly because it is better than giving it to the state, as taxes, which amuses me.

Some of the charities I give to I am quite opposed to what they do, but they're good copy when talking to clients; to slip out that you also support that charity they have a calendar for, blah, blah. Example, Greenpeace.

Also, in the example of Greenpeace they always make me laugh when they're on the TV, and any organisation that upsets the French enough for them to send commandos out to sink your ship is right up there with the stars!

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    I suppose this was the wrong forum for a halfway sensible answer on a saturday night,

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    More like Childs Benefits Agency

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Given to poor people as Family Tax Credits
    More like Childs Benefits Agency

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    And what happened to threaded?
    Given to poor people as Family Tax Credits

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I gave Sasguru to a charity. They claimed Bagpuss back from the Tax man, and my company got AtW back as a refund.
    Beaker was put down as a Net loss, and Churchill was classed as a depreciation.
    And what happened to threaded?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I gave Sasguru to a charity. They claimed Bagpuss back from the Tax man, and my company got AtW back as a refund.
    Beaker was put down as a Net loss, and Churchill was classed as a depreciation.

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    I've given every penny I've ever earned to charitiy

Craig Colclough

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    A question I keep meaning to ask my accountant but keep forgetting (and I'm drunk now so will no way remember on monday).........

Consider the 3 cases (figures simplified):
    (i) I give £77 to charity out of my own money, thus allowing the charity to claim the income tax back, giving them £100.
    (ii) My Ltd gives the charity £100, they can't claim the income tax back, but myco saves £20 in corporation tax.

Have I got the above correct?
    My brain start's to hurt when I try to work out which case is best for both the charity and me, can any of you lerned people shed some light on to this?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    St Davids Foundation - money

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Anyone regularly donate to charity?

Either time or money.
    Mrs Gonzo likes to send money to support tigers and has sponsored several around the world.

I myself prefer to "save the people" first, so my money goes to Oxfam. Monthly DD and extra when I am thinking how lucky I am.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I like to shovel the fruits of Mammon in the direction of:

Oxfam
    Amnesty International
    Big Issue Foundation
    Reprieve (anti death penalty)
    Some people who send books to Africa and whose name escapes me

Prefer the donations to have maximum benefit per £ (a finger-in-the-air kind of idea I know) which means I'm more inclined towards 3rd world relief, human rights lobbying etc.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    I've done work for a charitable organisation at a vastly reduced rate. I reckon that counts.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I've sponsored my birthday on a big calendar up on the wall at the Royal Marsden, was £100.

I'm discussing some internet fund raising for the institute of radiologists.
    I'd be up for that. Do you have a link?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    RSPCA... money
    Self interest then?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X