• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Stair covering

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stair covering"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Toy cars, marbles and Power Ranger figurines are what we typically use to cover the stairs. I only tend to use the top two or three and the bottom one.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Toy cars, marbles and Power Ranger figurines are what we typically use to cover the stairs. I only tend to use the top two or three and the bottom one.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Not quite a mansion, but gives you an idea..

Linky

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    marble tiling -stone tiling... imagine old marbley mansions with iron rails

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    that's the`kiddy!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    saw some nice cantilever glass stairs on that kevin mccloud program, oh tulipe, what was it?
    Grand Designs.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    saw some nice cantilever glass stairs on that kevin mccloud program, oh tulipe, what was it?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I have an escalator.

Threaded.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by miffy View Post
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Which I slipped on and I ended up in A&E.
    I hope you made a claim...
    This was about 8 years ago, before the days of "where there's blame (actually a p!ssed contractor out on the razzle with his agent), there's a claim". So, no.

I spent Xmas on my back and dosed up with painkillers. Lost about £1100 with time off because of it.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Spikes on alternate steps. keeps em guessing in the dark

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    I hope you made a claim...

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Steel plates. There's a posh restaurant in London somewhere with steel plates on the stairs.

Absolutely awful solution. Don't do it.

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Lino?!?!

I guess you could always tile it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Bear fur coat - you have kill it yourself though, no firearms.

threaded

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Apart from bare wood and carpet, are there any alternative stair coverings?
    Sea grass, coir and hemp look quite good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X