• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boomed - Unemployment at 32 yr low"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Winter Warmer

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Don't forget that if you've got savings or assets over £8000 you don't GET any benefits at all. You may be "claiming" benefits but not actually getting any. Once you don't GET any benefits you come out of the "looking for work and claiming benefits" figures.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Try some "Owd Roger".

It'll put hairs on yer chest.

Winter Warmer is good too.
    I think I will go for half-pints to try them all

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    yup, was about right with my first guess:

http://www.onrec.com/content2/news.asp?ID=6873

2 in 5 new jobs since 1997 in the public sector.
    Interesting that it is said that 80% (of 4 out of 5) of newly created jobs under NL went to immigrants...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Makes a nice change from the alcohol free becks I am sure
    Yup

It's a proper pub with lots of different ales - they change them monthly

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by chicane View Post
    It's a relief to know that we've seen such an improvement in the delivery and quality of public services since 1997 then.
    yup, was about right with my first guess:

http://www.onrec.com/content2/news.asp?ID=6873

2 in 5 new jobs since 1997 in the public sector.

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    At least 1/2 million more since labour came to power isn't it?
    It's a relief to know that we've seen such an improvement in the delivery and quality of public services since 1997 then.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's been a while Perl, where you hiding? I am actually a member of local Perl group, going to pub today all for a nice Xmas meal and lots of different ales
    Makes a nice change from the alcohol free becks I am sure

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's been a while Perl, where you hiding? I am actually a member of local Perl group, going to pub today all for a nice Xmas meal and lots of different ales
    Sounds like a right laugh!

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom View Post
    And how many are "working" for the public sector?
    At least 1/2 million more since labour came to power isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom View Post

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    What are the numbers on incapacity benefits? I am sure it gone up by at least one - "Dow Jones" chappy.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Boomed - Unemployment at 32 yr low

Boomed - Unemployment at 32 yr low

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7140069.stm

The number of people seeking jobless benefits in the UK has fallen to a 32-year low, according to data from the Office for National Statistics.
    The number claiming jobseeker's allowance fell by 11,100 in November to 813,000, the lowest since June 1975.

You've never had it so good.

Working...
X