• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Murder Vs 160k from an insurance company"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Didn't you say you applied for an MBA at Harvard and Stanford? You forgot MIT, maybe they'll take you (as a cleaner)
    Yup I did and they rejected me - it was a fair decision on their part as even though I did get high enough GMAT score (90% maths, but low English, apart from essay that got highest score) I was not ready for them, and now that I think I am ready I am not interested.

But we are talking about you here matey - you are very rood person and also you are clearly a security risk to any bank. I base this on your own words "£ 160k LI is peanuts - tempting for >= £ 1m though...". You also stated you work in security, so this means you admit that you are tempted by big money, you work in bank in security so obviously you are a security risk. Frankly I reckon if your boss read what you said here you'd be in serious trouble. Better edit your posts while you can.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    please point me in the direction of said spat

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Get a spellchecker mate!

Didn't you say you applied for an MBA at Harvard and Stanford?
    You forgot MIT, maybe they'll take you (as a cleaner)

Over and out on this too.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    shush! I did not say I have perfect English, I just said I am a nice person (generally)

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You are also very rude - I did not tell you that before because I am a nice person. Are you sure you work for a bank? It really does not look this way. In fact I am pretty sure if your boss, whichever industry you in, checked your last few posts then you'd be rather embarassed, wouldn't you? I also wonder how would your boss react to reading your self-reported status of "IT genious"?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Didn't I tell you to F-off?
    You are also very rude - I did not tell you that before because I am a nice person. Are you sure you work for a bank? It really does not look this way. In fact I am pretty sure if your boss, whichever industry you in, checked your last few posts then you'd be rather embarassed, wouldn't you? I also wonder how would your boss react to reading your self-reported status of "IT Genius"?
    Last edited by AtW; 12 December 2007, 13:38.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    AtW = A tW(at)

Didn't I tell you to F-off?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    £ 160k LI is peanuts - tempting for >= £ 1m though...
    As I said in the other thread - you are a security risk to any bank. Please tell me that you do not work for Lloyds TSB.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Hardly worth it financially...

I agree... it's just how easy it were to do it by two complete amateurs - and what would have happened had he not turned up.
    £ 160k LI is peanuts - tempting for >= £ 1m though...

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Why do you want to hear more about it? It's hardly the fraud of the century.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Fascinating indeed

Like most here, I can't wait to find out more about it. So far the wife has been charged with deception to obtain 2 payments from the insurance (we hear 10 years or so for that) and the husband with fraudulantly obtaining a new passport (in the name of John Jones - FFS!). Now given the fact that there are more false passports in the UK than real ones (ask any asylum seeker to point you to a factory), that should be 6 moths or so - if that. It seems that the wife will be by far worse off - for something that she may not have even instigated.
    PS - Should the Passport Office be liable if they issue a passport without proper checks as well as the holder?

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by miffy View Post
    Agreed.

I'm surprised nobody else has done this, or have they?

John Stonehouse (a former UK government minister) tried doing this in 1974, faking drowning a la Reggie Perrin, but he was less successful as his "disappearance" only lasted from November 20th to December 24th.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by beaker View Post
    I've really enjoyed following this story - it's really bizarre. It would make a good movie.

The question now is what was the sons' involvement?
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk...6908-20232314/

"THE sons of fake canoe death couple John and Anne Darwin are victims not suspects, police are insisting."

http://ukpress.google.com/article/AL...xeQ64iQ1pZvfyQ

"The "emotional" wife of the back-from-the-dead canoeist has made a plea to their sons to come and visit her in prison."

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    I've really enjoyed following this story - it's really bizarre. It would make a good movie.

The question now is what was the sons' involvement?

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Plus he's lost his NCD on his canoe.

I bet he's on some kind of insurance blacklist now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X