• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "People who change their avatars"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Wasn't it you who mentioned quality, not quantity?

Just cause a lot of Johnny come latelys come along and write a lot of pish on the TPD to up their post count, doesn't mean we're all at it, or more importantly give a stulipe.

I'm old school like that ;-)
    Indeed. I think it's disgraceful.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Just cause a lot of Johnny come latelys come along and write a lot of pish on the TPD to up their post count
    You tell 'em snaw, they just post one after another there, total cheating IMO

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You still are Contractor Among Contractors
    Wasn't it you who mentioned quality, not quantity?

Just cause a lot of Johnny come latelys come along and write a lot of pish on the TPD to up their post count, doesn't mean we're all at it, or more importantly give a stulipe.

I'm old school like that ;-)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Seems like the appropriate place to try a new one out ...

<-----------------------------------------------------
    You still are Contractor Among Contractors

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    OK so where my new one gone?

OK, appeared now :-/

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Seems like the appropriate place to try a new one out ...

<-----------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    Yeah, but last night you didn't know the difference between "its" and "it's".

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    In denial about the squirrels then?
    Wot about squirrels? I just fed them, they were as fluffy as ever

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    My English teacher in school had different opinion on this matter, I doubt you'd have passed the test - actually she said she was working as military translator, no doubt designed to question cowards like you
    Yeah, but last night you didn't know the difference between "its" and "it's".

Funny how you deleted your offending posts before bashing others over the head for making the same mistake you did when trying to belittle sasguru isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    In denial about the squirrels then?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    They could tell you anything though, couldn't they?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    My English teacher in school had different opinion on this matter, I doubt you'd have passed the test - actually she said she was working as military translator, no doubt designed to question cowards like you
    They could tell you anything though, couldn't they?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Actually, there is no grammatical requirement for either a "has" or "had" to follow the "It", although it would not be incorrect to include one, but do carry on. You "Definately" have a screw loose.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Well, I am not sure about first one, but second one was definately a mistake of yours.

I think proper grammar would require "has" after first it, ie:

"It has certainly made its mark on you. It would be stretching the definition of brilliant a tad though."

I am pretty sure actually, it's either "has" or "had", think "has" would be more appropriate.
    Actually, there is no grammatical requirement for either a "has" or "had" to follow the "It", although it would not be incorrect to include one, but do carry on. You "Definately" have a screw loose.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X