• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you think our lot did this?"

Collapse

• tay
    replied
    Tay - do you live in a mosque?

No.
    Is that even allowed?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    No doubt the Madrassa was not teaching what the Afghan considered appropriate material (ie: not radical enough or at all) and so he decided to blow it up.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    and you have to take your shoes off in a Mosque, that's it! Exploding shoes!
    Tay - do you live in a mosque?

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    With some of the unclean cretins on this board that would be a poison gas attack.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Oh, sorry, if it was one of our lot he'd have worn a bowler hat and carried a rolled up copy of the Telegraph under his arm.

How silly of me.
    I actually found this pretty funny.

Politics aside... just the image of the guy walking in with the walk from Monty Python.. bowler hat and then cheerfully saying toodle pip as we walks out with an explosion going off in the back ground... I found amusing. I am a bad man

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I had a lovely chicken madrassa last night - nice 'n' spicy.

Certainly felt like there was a bomb exploding this morning though.
    Isn't it called Chicken Chennai now?

Powerful medicine though!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    SA, it was a Madrassa...
    I had a lovely chicken madrassa last night - nice 'n' spicy.

Certainly felt like there was a bomb exploding this morning though.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Oh, sorry, if it was one of our lot he'd have worn a bowler hat and carried a rolled up copy of the Telegraph under his arm.

How silly of me.
    Churchy,

Are you seriously implying that

a) Our armed forces are now bombing religious schools, presumably to kill Muslims when they're young; and

b) That you'd be happy and proud by this?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Btw, SAS, I hope to see you on Friday.
    You'll be the guy fighting MobileCheese, I assume.
    Look here and see what you've done:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...tuxcedo-3.html

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Oh I see, cloak and dagger stuff.
    No. Next...
    HTH
    Pakistan: Still Schooling Extremists

By Samina Ahmed and Andrew Stroehlein

Sunday, July 17, 2005; Page B07

Although investigations into the terrorist attacks in London are still at an early stage, it is already clear that at least one of the bombers attended a radical Islamic school, or madrasa, in Pakistan. For those in the West who believed President Pervez Musharraf's promises to clean up the militant religious schools, it is time to think again.

Shehzad Tanweer, who police say killed six people and himself on the Circle Line train near Aldgate station on July 7, recently spent as long as four months in a madrasa reportedly run by the avowedly militant group Lashkar-i-Taiba in Lahore, Pakistan. The madrasa and the organization operate freely despite an official ban on their activity since 2002.

Immediately after Sept. 11, 2001, the link between Pakistan's religious education system and international terrorist organizations came under intense scrutiny. Musharraf clearly felt the pressure to be seen as doing something, and in January 2002 he gave a televised speech promising a series of measures to combat extremism by, among other things, bringing all madrasas into the mainstream. Musharraf pledged increased oversight of the religious schools through formal registration, control of their funding and standardization of their curricula.
    Btw, SAS, I hope to see you on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

How silly of me.
    Oh I see, cloak and dagger stuff.
    No. Next...
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It says the bomb was planted by an Afghan. So if you are an Afghan the answer to your question is Yes.

This is a dim post even by your very considerable standards.

How silly of me.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Bomb explodes at Pakistani Madrassa - 6 dead!

Could this be the start of our fight back?

It says the bomb was planted by an Afghan. So if you are an Afghan the answer to your question is Yes.

This is a dim post even by your very considerable standards.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Who are "our lot"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X