• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Nuke Sudan

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nuke Sudan"

Collapse

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    Get used to it. One day it will start happening in the UK.
    you know it!

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman View Post
    Only problem is you ask 10 muslims a question (ie what is right and what is wrong) and nine of them will want to lop your head off while the other one holds you down!

I guess what Im trying to say is this, this isnt a straight forward case of breaking a tradition or respecting a tradition because there are so many ways of looking at an issue. Some sudanese wanting to liberate her head from the rest of her body while others wanted to let her go. So who do you listen to?

Mailman
    The reason for wanting to lop off her head was because she is said to have insulted Islam. This is the same Islam that is supposed to be about peace and compassion. Tell me that is not a hypocratic faith...

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxamus View Post
    Everyone should respect the traditions of the country he/she is in and abide by the law. Its got nothing to do with being morally acceptable or not - its the law !
    Only problem is you ask 10 muslims a question (ie what is right and what is wrong) and nine of them will want to lop your head off while the other one holds you down!

I guess what Im trying to say is this, this isnt a straight forward case of breaking a tradition or respecting a tradition because there are so many ways of looking at an issue. Some sudanese wanting to liberate her head from the rest of her body while others wanted to let her go. So who do you listen to?

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Is Maxamus a troll or just really confused?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Tolernace? Thats a western concept. We tolerate too much. Thats why this country is full of chavs and people who dont want to work.
    Really, this country tolerates too much.

Maybe this country should be more hardlined.
    What about a British professor getting banged up in the USA for walking across a road ?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Tolernace? Thats a western concept. We tolerate too much. Thats why this country is full of chavs and people who dont want to work.

What about a bunch of plane spotters getting banged up in Greece ?

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied

Spoken like a true law abider. I guess you never speed, drop litter (albeit accidentally) etc. Oh how good it must be to be be as perfectly bahaved...

Hypocrisy he says...PAH!!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Im talking to you muppets.

I see the ussual guys here who were not so long ago posting that when immigrants and forigners come here they should learn our language and learn to respect and live by our values.

Why isnt it like that when we go and live in other peoples countries...why dont we live by their traditions and values?

Hypocrites !
    Because we are better than them of course

Leave a comment:

• Maxamus
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I hope you never make a silly mistake in a Muslim country. I'm sure you know all the subtle religious laws inside and out.

What about the concept of tolerance? Perhaps tolerance is a one way street.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I hope you never make a silly mistake in a Muslim country. I'm sure you know all the subtle religious laws inside and out.

What about the concept of tolerance? Perhaps tolerance is a one way street.

Leave a comment:

• Maxamus
    replied
    I agree, but firing squad for not knowing that allowing children to name a teddy bear is a mortal sin?

How about any foriegner who comes here and drinks real ale cold faces the electric chair?

Sounds fair.

Everyone should respect the traditions of the country he/she is in and abide by the law. Its got nothing to do with being morally acceptable or not - its the law !

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

I see the ussual guys here who were not so long ago posting that when immigrants and forigners come here they should learn our language and learn to respect and live by our values.

Why isnt it like that when we go and live in other peoples countries...why dont we live by their traditions and values?

Hypocrites !
    I agree, but firing squad for not knowing that allowing children to name a teddy bear is a mortal sin?

How about any foriegner who comes here and drinks real ale cold faces the electric chair?

Sounds fair.

Leave a comment:

• Maxamus
    replied
    Are you talking to us or the Sudanese who believe a woman shood face a firing squad for allowing some children to name a teddy bear?

Hypocrites !

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    You guys are pathetic.

Grow up
    Are you talking to us or the Sudanese who believe a woman shood face a firing squad for allowing some children to name a teddy bear?
    Nicely put.

Two nations divided by a common God.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You guys are pathetic.

Grow up
    Are you talking to us or the Sudanese who believe a woman should face a firing squad for allowing some children to name a teddy bear?
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 3 December 2007, 17:08.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X