• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are there any other major charities that do something like Oxfam Unwrapped?"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    CAFOD were the original ones (I think), and still very good.

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    the http://www.worldlandtrust.org/ allow you to buy and gift 1/2 or a whole acre of rainforest to that someone special.

£25 for 1/2 acre
    With or without planning permission?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Farm Africa is quite good, I bought my Dad a goat last year. They delivered to the Sudan though. What use is that to him?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    There's nothing worse than opening a "christmas" card that says:

"I've bought you a donkey"

Hey, I had a contract once with Computer Futures and did it myself...

(boom boom)
    If you do it properly you also get the person something that costs a few quid that they can open on Christmas Day.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    There's nothing worse than opening a "christmas" card that says:

"I've bought you a donkey"

Hey, I had a contract once with Computer Futures and did it myself...

(boom boom)

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Are you allowed to bulldoze your half acre for cattle?
    no, the WLT looks after it for you, you simply get a bi-annual newsletter and a nice certificate saying you own some land (but not really)

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Are you allowed to bulldoze your half acre for cattle?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    the guardian article mentioned earlier

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    the http://www.worldlandtrust.org/ allow you to buy and gift 1/2 or a whole acre of rainforest to that someone special.

£25 for 1/2 acre

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I just reach into one of those charity clothing collection containers for my christmas presents, I don't even wash out the skid marks.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    How does giving away money on other peoples behalf,constitute a gift?
    Instead of giving the money to some rich middle class khoont who has everything you give to the poor, and then tell the rich middle class khoont "I didn't get you anything cos you're a rich middle class khoont. hth".

HTH

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Yep if your friends/family are older, well-off and have loads of stuff or are religious.

Back on point loads of charities do this now i.e save the children, unicef, nspcc, farm africa.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    This year I am planning on buying friends gifts related to charity.

I know of Oxfam Unwrapped but are there others who offer Christmas gifts in the form of charitable donations on other peoples behalf?

TIA

Leave a comment:

• Rymez2K
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    The Labour party?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    There are quite a few that now do it, but I can't think of many off the top of my head

Present Aid and World Vision certainly do. There was an article in the Guardian on Saturday about it, so there may be more links there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X