• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HMRC Fiasco: Am I Being Naiive?"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    I'm glad I never spotted that!

I remember Gordon Brown caught on camera in The Commons eating some juicy morsels from his nose earlier this year. Yeeuch!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Oh yes - He'd rub his big baldy head and then pick something from the back of it, stare at whatever was on his fingernails and then pop it into his mouth. OK the food at that place wasn't great, but I draw the line at eating my own scabs

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    "I can't remember what his expertise was"

He didn't have one unless you count picking scabs off his head and eating them
    Did he? I never saw that. Ugh!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "I can't remember what his expertise was"

He didn't have one unless you count picking scabs off his head and eating them

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    It's not the same Andy White! There are more than one of them in this world.

Wendigo100 and me used to work at a site with this guy.
    Indeed. I can't remember what his expertise was - Tony would know better as they both worked under the Scottish bird.

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Why does our government insist on employing expensive second rate suppliers who consistently fail to deliver? We even pay them extra on the contract when thye over run.

I thought Accenture would have turned it down after their last fiasco with the NHS

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    ...and why in the hell were they "sent" in the post - surely they could have gone via some secure server to server process ?

afterall isn't it'the governemnts wish that all it's departments are e-enabled ?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    It's not the same Andy White! There are more than one of them in this world.

Wendigo100 and me used to work at a site with this guy.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Andy White from the PCG?

What skillset exactly does he contract in?
    I can't remember, but it wasn't anything to do with programming computers, so I don't understand Tony's post.

tim

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by MobileCheese View Post
    To be honest after having to deal with EDS at one client I can see why they didnt want to bother using them and why it was so expensive.
    I could agree with that comment if it wasn't the government who picked them in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• MobileCheese
    replied
    To be honest after having to deal with EDS at one client I can see why they didnt want to bother using them and why it was so expensive.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Viz Top Tip:

Rather than send the 50 records requested, why not send all 50,000,000 records and then have the recipient delete all the ones they don't want.

HTH
    Wot no letter further down the page detailing the consequences of said action, vis-à-vis Viz top tips

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I don't know - the Mr Bean comment seems to have hit the mark
    The Mr Bean comment was classic, I think it will stick as well. Nightmare for the Brown PR team

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    They do have that, and it was only authorised personnel.(
    There's column level security as well as row or DB level. That is, that credit card details should have different access rights and seperate views to name and address details.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Viz Top Tip:

Rather than send the 50 records requested, why not send all 50,000,000 records and then have the recipient delete all the ones they don't want.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X