• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Fiat 500 Car of the Year 2007"

Collapse

• Apache
    replied
    So, back to the Fiat 500

I had a Fiat 500 the first time around - I'm 6'5 and my head bulged through the soft top - absolutely brilliant fun though - unless you were going up hill, then you had to get a book out to pass the time.

I used to keep a can of petrol in the boot, which is also where the battery was - can you see it coming? I only had the car two weeks before it burst into flames - I kept the melted ignition key as a memento though.

I'm going to test drive one just for old time's sake - but I'll wear kevlar and take a fire extinguisher this time.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Toyota's sponsorship credits run at the beginning and end of advertising breaks during T4-branded programming.

The car-maker, which uses the T4 sponsorship to promote its youth-focused Aygo
    Aye I'm young at heart

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    hey I didn't choose it...
    What's T4 anyway?
    Toyota's sponsorship credits run at the beginning and end of advertising breaks during T4-branded programming.

The car-maker, which uses the T4 sponsorship to promote its youth-focused Aygo

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I believe GM/Vauxhall bought them - although I could have just made that up.

That's the kind of thing I mean though - a no-nonsense drivers' car, none of this ESP ABS USP USB nonsense with an optional 'fragrance filter', FFS.
    If you want a basic, low mileage car, this has to be a contender. Cheap too.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...=&max_mileage=

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    I can picture it now... So, which optional extras would you like, the iPod dock, B&O speakers, a non-static carpet, seats that 'hug' you, a multimedia system, a pez dispenser, climate-control?'
    I was thinking B&Q speakers in the fiat not B&O.

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    If it had a VW badge would you consider it, even if it were less reliable?
    If it had a german badge on it (and came with the associated better quality interior trim than those lego switches), yep I'd buy one!

One of my friends has a fully spec'd up 350Z and thats a nice car I have to say. The factory fit sound system is the best I've ever heard.

But, if it was on sale here for a retail price of 37K though, I would have to seriously think about that...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Real men aren't influenced by subliminal messaging on T4
    hey I didn't choose it...
    What's T4 anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Real men aren't influenced by subliminal messaging on T4

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Real men drive one of these - but only when they cant carry the shopping on a bike.

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyo...sp?id=MSR_AYGO

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    I can picture it now...

'I'd like a car, please'
    'Would that be the latest urbane hatchback, or the more va va voomy saloon, sir?'
    'What? What cars do you sell here?'
    'Oh sir, you see, it's more of a lifestyle choice we sell here.'
    'Right'
    'So, which optional extras would you like, the iPod dock, B&O speakers, a non-static carpet, seats that 'hug' you, a multimedia system, a pez dispenser, climate-control?'
    'Er, no - I have those kinds of things in my lounge. Do you have any proper cars here then or what?'
    'Well, if it's basic you want sir, we have this Fiat 500...'
    'I'd rather dive into a tank of sea-urchins that be seen dead in that'
    'Erm, well... what about an optional dashboard vase?'

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Italian reliability
    Say it loud man, Fiat now makes good quality cars and it fully recovered from the crisis making a good share of profit nowadays, unlike Rover.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Proton bought Lotus

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied

That's the kind of thing I mean though - a no-nonsense drivers' car, none of this ESP ABS USP USB nonsense with an optional 'fragrance filter', FFS.
    It might well be true! I know they put together the VX220's in their shed.

I know exactly what you mean though. I didn't think anyone made cars without all those gadgets/aids/safety carp on anymore.

It's the playstation generation now. Look forward to more "ooosby" ports in your dash & centre console!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by miffy View Post
    It is a great car baggy, I wouldn't turn my nose up if someone gave one to me and it looks great (it's not everyones cup of tea obviously!).

I just couldn't justify that kind of spend on what I still see as a datsun.

I wonder if it came from the same factory as the 120Y
    Don't confuse the cars the Japs are building now with the cars of the 70s, they are the best built mid range cars. Anyway, what does the badge mean? They are giving you a taste of a >100k car for a fraction of the price. If it had a VW badge would you consider it, even if it were less reliable?

(if only it were the same price as the states)

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by miffy View Post
    Damb, I thought lotus went bust years ago!

I must have dreamt it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X