• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nissan Pathfinder Diesel Auto"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Carling don't do 4x4's, but if they did, they'd probably be the best 4x4's in the world.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    I don't like 4x4s, but if I had to choose a Nissan X-trail followed by Nissan Murano would be top of my list. I think the Murano is only available as automatic.

I'm judging them purely on looks, don't care enough about 4x4s to know any more about them. (Though I think a diesel X-trail is supposed to be relatively fuel-efficient.)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    You are far more likely to spot a child whilst driving a sports car, I don't see many sports cars driving over the central reservation of a dual carriageway or up on curbs in town centres... nor passats.
    You haven't seen me after 6 pints of Stella mate.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Oh dear...I was just quoting a source of info. If you don't like it, don't read it.

I don't recall presenting myself as an expert though, perhaps you could point that bit out to me?
    Calm down dear!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    You can do even more damage in a sleek sports car though. I think a beige Passat is pretty child friendly though, so I suggest we all buy those...and a selection of cardigans...
    You are far more likely to spot a child whilst driving a sports car, I don't see many sports cars driving over the central reservation of a dual carriageway or up on curbs in town centres... nor passats.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Of course I care if I hit a child!!!

Have you seen the damage a childs head can do to the thin Aluminium panels on a Range Rover?

wot wot.
    You can do even more damage in a sleek sports car though. I think a beige Passat is pretty child friendly though, so I suggest we all buy those...and a selection of cardigans...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    whatcar.com, whatcar.com, whatcar.com. Sigh, read a decent source if you're going to present yourself as an expert, and harp on about how great the 'rangey' is. I think the range rover sucks, it has all the style of a wet carboard box, and is for royalist toff wannabe's who don't care if they run over a small child in their armoured tank of a monstrosity.

If you live in the country, I'll let you off though.

Of course I care if I hit a child!!!

Have you seen the damage a childs head can do to the thin Aluminium panels on a Range Rover?

wot wot.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    whatcar.com, whatcar.com, whatcar.com. Sigh, read a decent source if you're going to present yourself as an expert, and harp on about how great the 'rangey' is. I think the range rover sucks, it has all the style of a wet carboard box, and is for royalist toff wannabe's who don't care if they run over a small child in their armoured tank of a monstrosity.

Oh dear...I was just quoting a source of info. If you don't like it, don't read it.

I don't recall presenting myself as an expert though, perhaps you could point that bit out to me?

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    whatcar.com also quote this an damn expensive thing to run. I just don't see the point in giving even more money to the gov on fuel duty...mine is bad enough but an RR is gonna be worse...

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Every other luxury 4x4 on the market wants to be spoken of in the same breath as Range Rover. They're all impostors, pretenders to the crown.

You boys stick to your JD Powers and top-trumps.

Those in the know will always go for the Rangey.

Anything else just screams "I wish I could afford a Range Rover".

I agree...and I would have one but for the running costs. I think only the X5 is worse for running costs in the 4x4 market...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'd give the Range Rover 10/10 for image. It just screams "I have money and class".

Trouble is tree huggers would spit at you and you'd be getting xmas cards from the AA man.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Oh well, you missed my subtle change to your post.
    No I didn't.

I'm just waiting for yout to ask about the car...

Btw, those of you who don't rate the Range Rover. Have you ever driven one?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Well, when you order a car like this, they come and see you rather than you hoofing down to the showroom.
    Oh well, you missed my subtle change to your post.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Yes sometimes they give you fellatio while you read the brochure, I often refuse, my groupies perform that role for free.

Threaded

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Do you want technical info or can't you decide on the colour?
    Well, when you order a car like this, they come and see you rather than you hoofing down to the showroom.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X