• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "England vs Croatia predictions"

Collapse

• Mailman
    replied
    Wasnt much they had to change thanks to their 16th man advantage (which was actually a 2 man advantage since McAlister was having a cup of tea at the time).

Bastards...still love their country as a place to visit though

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman View Post
    No, it wont!

Anyway, Australia were pants BUT they were beaten by a better side. The mighty blacks were beaten by Frances 16th man and the only reason they didnt beat England is because France didnt have that 16th man advantage on the night!

Anyway, I was gonna send some carp to an aussie mate after seeing, nay, after cheering England on. So happy I didnt!

Mailman
    Wrong. I didn't particularly want France to win so I can see objectively that France changed their game plan at half time while the Blacks mulishly followed their single objective of getting a try. I can't remember the number but the French made a record number of tackles (the most of any game in the WC). That's what did for the Blacks.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    No, it wont!

Anyway, Australia were pants BUT they were beaten by a better side. The mighty blacks were beaten by Frances 16th man and the only reason they didnt beat England is because France didnt have that 16th man advantage on the night!

Anyway, I was gonna send some crap to an aussie mate after seeing, nay, after cheering England on. So happy I didnt!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    No it won't, will it?

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    This thread just will not die will it.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman View Post
    The frogs were allowed back in to the game by whats his names stuff ups. Sending off McAlister and then just generally went down hill from there.

Then again, watching that try of Englands being turned down in the finals gave me a particular sense of pleasure...especially after those tossers in the English commentary team were going on about kiwis shutting up and handling the loss!

Suddenly these guys were having to take some of their own medicine, and they werent enjoying it

Mailman
    Balls. As far as I know most commentators accepted the refs decision. I don't think it was a try and even if I did I wouldn't moan about it. Them's the breaks. Contrast with the moaning going on in the above posts. Fact is neither Oz nor NZ deserved to win their games.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    The French played very well, shame it was a one off...
    The frogs were allowed back in to the game by whats his names stuff ups. Sending off McAlister and then just generally went down hill from there.

Then again, watching that try of Englands being turned down in the finals gave me a particular sense of pleasure...especially after those tossers in the English commentary team were going on about kiwis shutting up and handling the loss!

Suddenly these guys were having to take some of their own medicine, and they werent enjoying it

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Fair dos. And I hate to say it but I have a sneaking regard for the All Blacks. Although why they didn't try a drop goal against France, I'll never know.
    They did try 2 drop goal attempts when the ref had signalled advantage to the Blacks, only for the ref to call advantage over as soon as the ball got kicked.

Not sure what where the advantage was in a missed drop kick though?

And arent England touring down south in June? I suspect threads like this one will be ripe with each side congratulating the other side on a well played game

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    eh?
    Shhh. it's care in the community day for the local loony bin

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    eh?

Leave a comment:

• Quote 'n' Post
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Fair dos. And I hate to say it but I have a sneaking regard for the All Blacks. Although why they didn't try a drop goal against France, I'll never know.

Of course the attempt from Gary Pallister on 79 minutes does not count.

Still England are still massive favourites for the 8 Nations next year and I've just managed to get some tickets for the Euro 2009 footy tourney where again we are favourites after winning our group against Croatia. I would love it if we managed to get them for the 2011 world footy cup

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Oh well. Next world cup final England vs NZ. We can only hope

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    The French played very well, shame it was a one off...

The ref sucked as well, but in sport you always get that sort of thing happening, in another game the refs calls will go our way. Its the nature of one off tournaments that sometimes it just doesnt go your way. The reason we didnt go the drop goal is that the halfback we had on the field was strugling to get the ball away cleanly, a combination of him being a newbie, the french being offside, our 2 number 10's both getting injured out of the game and the ref having a shocker.

If you cant handle things not going your way, you shouldnt watch sport.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yes it was. And I was supporting England.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Now Tay why don't you be gracious and admit it?
    Yes it was. And I was supporting England.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X