• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Accomodation

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accomodation"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Dante View Post
    Fair enough for an old boy to do it as a TV spectacle - but it's not the miracle attempt that has since been claimed. /Rant
    Welcome to the wonderful world of TV...

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    I can't believe nobody has raised a flag yet! no wonder this Country is going to pots

Leave a comment:

• Dante
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Bit off topic but did anyone watch the prog about the 55year old who completed the Marines course... pretty impressive
    He didn't complete the 'Marines course' as in the 32 week training at CTC. He merely picked the bits that he wanted to do, as in a few of the Commando tests.

Any reasonably fit person can pass those on their day (and he had two attempts at a couple of them). The hard bit is gibbering your bollocks off on Woodbury Common for a week in January - this bit funnily enough he didn't attempt. He clearly was not robust enough to do more than a day at a time - he was falling apart on TV.

Fair enough for an old boy to do it as a TV spectacle - but it's not the miracle attempt that has since been claimed. /Rant

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Well, that was mature.
    True though eh?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    You two are related...or even married to each other....
    Well, that was mature.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "And probably just as bright...bit like Churchy (although I think he was a wannabe)..."

No actually he wasn't. He moved from the Marines and taught himself enough to go contracting in IT. So I would say that puts him on a par with the rest of us. Last time I spoke to him he had gone permie and was managing the biggest support team for a FTSE listed comapny. So I guess he did ok.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Bit off topic but did anyone watch the prog about the 55year old who completed the Marines course... pretty impressive

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I used to work with a Marine and can confirm that he was pretty tough - he was built like the outside lav
    And probably just as bright...bit like Churchy (although I think he was a wannabe)...

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I used to work with a Marine and can confirm that he was pretty tough - he was built like the outside lav

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    this is the guy who thinks that marines are tough because they do their proper job properly, but at the same time they aint tough because a couple of them, once upon a time, wouldn't jump out of a perfectly seviceable aeroplane.

a titt indeed

You two are related...or even married to each other....

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Have you read the stuff you posted?

You're a tit of the first order.
    this is the guy who thinks that marines are tough because they do their proper job properly, but at the same time they aint tough because a couple of them, once upon a time, wouldn't jump out of a perfectly seviceable aeroplane.

a titt indeed

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied

That would be second, you would be first...way out in front, in a league of your own...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    That would be where you come in...

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Yeah, the usual culprits.
    That would be where you come in...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Started off as a senible thread, only ruined by the same culprits...

She is older, so but not bad for an older bird...

I try. I do see a lot of women coming and going so she may bat for the other side.....

Yep, but with only 2 rooms to let, she is doing the admirable thing and letting them share with her...what a gem!!
    Yeah, the usual culprits.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X