• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Inspired by the great success of the shoes off thread"

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Another brick in the wall

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    More importantly: Loo roll to unwind under or over? What are the relative merits of each approach? I prefer the paper hanging over (away from the wall).
    At home: over (away from the wall). Saves scraping fingers or fingernails on the wall and marking the decor.

On boats, in caravans or hotel rooms with teensy en-suite cupboards: under (toward the wall) to minimise the chance of getting the loo roll to stick to you when you get out of the shower and thereby ruin half the roll.

God! There just SO MUCH STUFF you need to know to get through life, and school teaches you NONE of it.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I prefer the paper hanging over (away from the wall).
    Every hotel I've ever been in does it this way. Not sure if that makes it wrong or right.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I've not one to hang around on the loo, so disrobing and reading isn't something I've done.

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    Baby wipes are a wonderful invention for bum cleaning, though they tend to clog the u-bend if flushed in large quantities.

Incidentally is it just a bloke thing to completely disrobe before sitting down to evacuate the bowels/do the crossword? Or is it just the sort of bloke I attract?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    More importantly: Loo roll to unwind under or over? What are the relative merits of each approach? I prefer the paper hanging over (away from the wall).

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So what?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    This poll shows who voted for what!
    Where?

Leave a comment:

• AtW