• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The world has gone mad"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Indeed Tony !

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...rmotivator.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/70/182022261_fa1d04ae44_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/75/191808392_7eeea0159b.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/10eio8x.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Yeah, I detest wearing suit and tie and would take an hourly rate or another job to avoid them. Feel like a pretentious ponse when walking to work in a suit or out and about at lunchtime.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Life is so dull otherwise..."

Which is why you spend so much time on your pretend one

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    LOL Mr Wolf !

DA : Why thank you....praise from an agent...what are you after ?

You know, it's not easy being a goth when your desire to dress as you please conflicts with the client's desire to present a plain, unassuming image to its clients.

I miss the days working in a music company when it was de rigeur to dress as you pleased (Blue hair & spandex for example). Only the senior management wore casual clothes (Ralph Lauren polo shirts, courdroys and mirrored shades).

I suppose I should be a little more appreciative that in the NHS you can have long hair (either sex) and no one minds too much. Saw a nurse the other day with funky red and black stripes in her hair, a nose ring and what looked like nip rings (it was cold).

Glad to see a bit of individuality in the workplace to be honest. Life is so dull otherwise...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Yes I admit it's a lot of hours, but then again it's a cheap form of entertainment. Going out costs £££, be it a nice meal, cinema, whatever.

Thankfully, I don't have a large circle of friends, and we meet them bi-monthly for boardgames on a Sunday round mine. Once a month we go clubbing to our Goth club. That's about it.

The rest of the time we play WOW (yes Mrs BGG also plays every night as well). It certainly saves the pennies.

Sure, if I had more disposable income, I might be inclined to go out more often, though in the past, when I had better paying jobs, we tended to stay in anyway. Going out for the sake of it bores me senseless and I can't be bothered tbh. Different strokes and all that.

There's bu66er all to do round here in Essex that is goth/alternative friendly anway (apart from our club once a month). No shops, no regular clubs, it's all in London and that's 45 mins each way and £15 each before you even get started.
    At least you are prepared to come on here and admit it, for that you get my (guarded) praise .

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Qu: Why has a goth (whatever the heck that is) got two black eyes?

Ans: Because he didn't listen the first time.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Still trying to work out panda's though....."

Pale white faces with big black eyes = pandas and goths.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Actually, behind closed doors, we don't bother with the make up (well, not the men anyway).

Still trying to work out panda's though.....

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Thankfully, I don't have a large circle of friends, and we meet them bi-monthly for boardgames on a Sunday round mine. Once a month we go clubbing to our Goth club. That's about it."

You have your own club. Wow.

That must look like Pandas partying.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Thankfully, I don't have a large circle of friends, and we meet them bi-monthly for boardgames on a Sunday round mine. Once a month we go clubbing to our Goth club. That's about it."

You have your own club. Wow. Why do Goths want to look like Pandas? I never really got that one.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    No problem, after all, Goths are people too.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    LOL DP !

That made my day !

I might wear it to the club next month !

(And no..I won't get beaten up...us goths don't take ourselves too seriously...I mean, when you wear eyeliner and makeup and nail varnish, you have to have a sense of humour :-)

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Thankfully, I don't have a large circle of friends,
    I have an imaginary friend and he keeps telling me to get a life.....

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Yes I admit it's a lot of hours, but then again it's a cheap form of entertainment. Going out costs £££, be it a nice meal, cinema, whatever.

Thankfully, I don't have a large circle of friends, and we meet them bi-monthly for boardgames on a Sunday round mine. Once a month we go clubbing to our Goth club. That's about it.

The rest of the time we play WOW (yes Mrs BGG also plays every night as well). It certainly saves the pennies.

Sure, if I had more disposable income, I might be inclined to go out more often, though in the past, when I had better paying jobs, we tended to stay in anyway. Going out for the sake of it bores me senseless and I can't be bothered tbh. Different strokes and all that.

There's bu66er all to do round here in Essex that is goth/alternative friendly anway (apart from our club once a month). No shops, no regular clubs, it's all in London and that's 45 mins each way and £15 each before you even get started.
    http://www.baseacid.com/imagesRR/images_big/cheerUp.png

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X