• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh Dear ™ Doomed! ® - part 2"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Twats have always been rewarded - it's the oldest profession
    True. My mistake

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes our culture has started rewarding absolute twats which is why we're doooooommmmmmed.
    Twats have always been rewarded - it's the oldest profession

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yes our culture has started rewarding absolute twats which is why we're doooooommmmmmed.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    People with lower IQs tend to also be the richest?

Alan Sugar
    Duncan Banertyne and Weir
    Branson
    etc.
    premiership footballers
    jade goody

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    Well, you could argue there is a connection between IQ and wealth, right? Discuss.
    People with lower IQs tend to also be the richest?

Alan Sugar
    Duncan Banertyne and Weir
    Branson
    etc.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I think it is time to buy canned goods and bottled water...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Well, you could argue there is a connection between IQ and wealth, right? Discuss.
    Are there any stats?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    You could argue it....you wouldn't win though.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Sorry hun - I completely agree with you there. I thought you were calling the poor stupid. Not the stupid stupid!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Whoa! No need to be so pessimistic! This is just a small correction, a soft landing and all that, then we'll be off on the gravy train again!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Ah now I get it! You're talking about the knob-jockeys you see on property ladder and the like?

Sorry hun - I completely agree with you there. I thought you were calling the poor stupid. Not the stupid stupid!

I knew you must have meant something nice in there (and I wasn't being sarcastic before).
    My sister-in-law has just entered the property development business. She and her other half are in for a shock on this one!

Already, the quotes for the work plus the expenses (legal) have taken their "profit" down to zero. What a time to get into this business!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Fair enough. But there are also loads of self-indulgent people who'll buy stuff they don't need and can't afford in order to show they have an "aspirational lifestyle". They deserve what they get.
    It may be different down south to the north, maybe we have more idiots down here. When I lived up North (well if Yorkshire counts as North) it seemed things were different - people were more down to earth.
    Ah now I get it! You're talking about the knob-jockeys you see on property ladder and the like?

I knew you must have meant something nice in there (and I wasn't being sarcastic before).

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    and everyone knows a Yorkshireman could peel an orange in his pocket
    You mean a satsuma, oranges are ostentatious.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    and everyone knows a Yorkshireman could peel an orange in his pocket

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I never said me - of course I can save I'm a contractor ffs!!

I was talking about the majority of the country who dont earn our wages - who do not have the ability to save, who barely get by on their wages. Those poeple are not stupid because they are in debt up to their eyeballs - they're just living! Just getting by!

Not everyone in the country is as blessed as we are - and by blessed I mean whatever "nurture or nature" made us go contracting....opportunity? ambition? parental guidance? natural ability to learn? Asberger gene? Who knows. Not everyone has is. Infact not everyone has the chance to use it, even if they DO have it!

Your comment just seemed cold thats all - unlike you normally.
    Fair enough. But there are also loads of self-indulgent people who'll buy stuff they don't need and can't afford in order to show they have an "aspirational lifestyle". They deserve what they get.
    It may be different down south to the north, maybe we have more idiots down here. When I lived up North (well if Yorkshire counts as North) it seemed things were different - people were more down to earth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X