• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Chocolate

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chocolate"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    bad doggies get slapped on their nose with a newspaper
    Ok, whatever turns you on. I'm up for a double helping...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    All posher single estate choc for the more discerning tongue, none of your mongrel over-sweet Galaxy or Cadbury candy (which apparently isn't real chocolate at all. But try telling a chocoholic that!)
    Oh, you've just been taken in by clever marketing.

Paying for overpriced chocolate is okay to get your serotonin and dopamine fixes, and for a smoother taste, but the cheaper stuff fulfils the important criteria of being loaded with calories, quicker to prepare than a tin of beans and more palatable than a pack of lard. Though I am the same weight that I have always been, the rest of the UK population seems to be racing past me in the big boned stakes and I need calories in quantity to keep up!

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'm a very bad doggy, want to stroke my fur, tickle my ears?
    bad doggies get slapped on their nose with a newspaper

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Anything by Hotel Chocolat is divine.
    You've just read my mind. My post was this:

Heaven on the High Street : Hotel Chocolat

This choccy dedicated choc shop is the best thing since Belgium and Swizerland were discovered.

There are a few shops scattered around the more affluent towns and cities: Canterbury, Bromley has one.

All posher single estate choc for the more discerning tongue, none of your mongrel over-sweet Galaxy or Cadbury candy (which apparently isn't real chocolate at all. But try telling a chocoholic that!)

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    When it comes to chocolate I seek quantity over quality.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    According to my dairy milk bar, the chocolate has 2190 KJ per 100g, and the GDA (guideline daily amount) is 8343 KJ. so that’s only 1 and a third 250g bars a day and you’re on your way to getting big boned (if not boned). I eat a good proportion of a 250g bar most days to supplement my diet of meat and I'm still not big boned.
    Hmm, you classify "Dairy Milk" as chocolate?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Apparently chocolate makes you............big-boned!
    According to my dairy milk bar, the chocolate has 2190 KJ per 100g, and the GDA (guideline daily amount) is 8343 KJ. so that’s only 1 and a third 250g bars a day and you’re on your way to getting big boned (if not boned). I eat a good proportion of a 250g bar most days to supplement my diet of meat and I'm still not big boned.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Apparently chocolate makes you............big-boned!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    It's very bad , very very bad
    I'm a very bad doggy, want to stroke my fur, tickle my ears?

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I don't eat chocolate, it's bad for doggies.

It's very bad , very very bad

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I don't eat chocolate, it's bad for doggies.

Leave a comment:

• where did my id go?
    replied
    Oh Dear!

Valrhona for good chocolate or Rococo for interesting flavours.

/shakes head at the willingness of IT contractors to settle for inferior substitutes/

Leave a comment:

• FCSimmo
    replied
    I have a mate who works for them... I get them half price!

Leave a comment:

• FCSimmo
    replied
    Phish
    Woteva!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Barry Colenso doesn't think so...