• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Does the England of 10 years ago"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    It should be Maggie's. However, I think you will find that the post of "Maggie's general hatchetman" was filled by Norman Tebbitt.
    That doesnt mean you get on your bike and come here SB

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    OK. Maggies general hatchetman ?
    Keith Joseph was the brains behind "Thatcherism" while Maggie was more of the frontman.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Seem like a different country?
    No, still as grey and dull as ever.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Seem like a different country?
    No. Next.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    were you here 10 years ago?
    Born and raised.

Would you like to see my passport?

t0sser.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    "Keith Joseph smiles and a baby dies, in a box on Beasley Street"

JCC
    The rats 'ave all got ricketts....

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by TwinGoldDaleks View Post
    Yes. Thanks to your legislation for building wheelchair ramps everywhere, we can get about much easier. Another cunning plan for when the time comes!

Oh sod it, we said that out loud didn't we...
    It doesn't matter -we all know that you have anti-gravity when we saw you trying to take over the world a couple of seasons ago

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    speller/grammar types - I was asking is "Maggies general hatchetman" correct, should it not be Maggie's ?
    It should be Maggie's. However, I think you will find that the post of "Maggie's general hatchetman" was filled by Norman Tebbitt.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Power as we know is far better managed by the state.
    Couldn't agree more !

speller/grammar types - I was asking is "Maggies general hatchetman" correct, should it not be Maggie's ?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    We all know that the public cannot be trusted with such power. Power as we know is far better managed by the state.
    Have you started working for the "Ministry"?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    In my radical student days I had a pic of Keith Joseph ( anyone rem him ? ) with a noose around his neck on my wall. I think he was threatening to take our beer money, sorry grant, away.
    He had some ridiculous idea of giving out education vouchers that would enable everyone no matter how rich or poor to exercise choice about where they could send their children to school.

We all know that the public cannot be trusted with such power. Power as we know is far better managed by the state.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    SB is quite correct.

"must've" or "must have"
    OK. Maggies general hatchetman ?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    "Keith Joseph smiles and a baby dies, in a box on Beasley Street"

JCC

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I had to think hard to remember his name, he must of been Education Secretary or Maggies general hatchetman 85ish I'd guess !?
    SB is quite correct.

"must've" or "must have"

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    ??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X