• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Ccie

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ccie"

Collapse

• Newbie000
    replied
    Snaw well done!

Do they still allocate you a number for the CCIE?

Kudos to you.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    How much can you expect to charge on the back of this? It must be a lot if you have spent 12k on it.
    It'll pay itself off after a few months - expecting around a 1/3 rate rise. Last stats produced there were around 750 CCIE's in the UK. Silver/Gold partners need a certain number on their books to get status (i.e. discounts). I've heard of people renting out their number to some Cisco partners (Can only register it with one company per year).

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Well done! This cert does more than sort the boys from the men. Enjoy the rate rise

Reminds me I must get going on my CCNP before my CCNA expires next year

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Certification is for numpties and only experience counts.

Yours,

Idle ATW
    Yes there's plenty of jobs on jobswerve for "Squirel Expert".

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Certification is for numpties and only experience counts.

Yours,

Idle ATW

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Well done mate, have a beer or 2 for that!

Ignore the idle tw@ts on here who say certification is for numpties and only experience counts, they're just scared that they'll get found out.

Maybe such rigorous testing should be included in our national curriculum, after all it's what employers are seeking? Nah, stupid idea - keep the 100% pass system.

Leave a comment:

• jimjamuk
    replied
    congrats.....

passed the written myself and at the start of a goods year's studying for that lab. Get this one and the money printing machine moves up a gear!

Leave a comment:

• Newbie000
    replied
    Mr Kane why so facetious?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    How much can you expect to charge on the back of this? It must be a lot if you have spent 12k on it.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert.

Hardest, most respected, technical exam there is, bar none. 18 months of pure hell, 8 hours of practical lab exam which requires you to pass a written exam first to be able to qualify to sit (Only able to sit the lab in Brussels in this part of the world), 80% pass mark with a failure rate of over 70% (3% of people pass it first time, I'm not one of them), and an expensive undertaking (I've spent around £12,000 approx on it).
    Well done. You now get to sit at a terminal emulator typing things like 'switchport access vlan 6' for the rest of your 3 score and ten.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Sorry what's ccie?
    Cisco Certified Internet Expert

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post

Hardest, most respected, technical exam there is, bar none. 18 months of pure hell, 8 hours of practical lab exam which requires you to pass a written exam first to be able to qualify to sit (Only able to sit the lab in Brussels in this part of the world), 80% pass mark with a failure rate of over 70% (3% of people pass it first time, I'm not one of them), and an expensive undertaking (I've spent around £12,000 approx on it).
    Wow. Sounds like an achievement.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied

Crikey.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Sorry what's ccie?

Leave a comment:

• Newbie000
    replied
    I think it's Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert or something like that, damn acronyms!

Hmmm you've just got this yet you think the CCNA is higher? Tell me you just humouring the comment?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X