• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Even Finland is getting bonkers?"

Collapse

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Strange. I still know me old muckers from school. Don't you?
    Yeah, but most of them have moved to Kent et al. They refuse to pay the house prices in London.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    You'd be lucky to see any Londoners walking around at all these days. As a Londoner I am a minority, heavily outnumbered by non-Londoners.

'Oh, I've never met anyone that's grown up in London before' If I had a penny for...
    Strange. I still know me old muckers from school. Don't you?

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The only Londoners you see walking around grinning in public are the mad.

The rest of us and the Finns like laughing and smiling in private. Keeps the mad away from us.
    You'd be lucky to see any Londoners walking around at all these days. As a Londoner I am a minority, heavily outnumbered by non-Londoners.

'Oh, I've never met anyone that's grown up in London before' If I had a penny for...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Thing is they never seem to have reason
    The only Londoners you see walking around grinning in public are the mad.

The rest of us and the Finns like laughing and smiling in private. Keeps the mad away from us.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Quite right, Londoners and Finns don't walk about grinning for no reason like the gurning idiots up north
    Thing is they never seem to have reason

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What are you? Yesterday's news?
    lol, apparently so.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    The Finnish sense of humour is very similar to ours, they're facial expressions are as miserable as the ones Londoners pull though.
    Quite right, Londoners and Finns don't walk about grinning for no reason like the gurning idiots up north

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    The Finnish sense of humour is very similar to ours, they're facial expressions are as miserable as the ones Londoners pull though.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    We had a very intense Finn as a student here last year... did some good work.

Finland has the highest suicide rate in the world.

Apparently.
    They have a rather nice word though, Finlandisation... I blame the Russians.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    The Finns have always been nuts.
    True. The Finnish people I know and have met are/have been eccentric.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    The Finns have always been nuts. This is not news. Not too long ago a student at Helsinki Uni blew himself and 7 other people up in a shopping mall. And no it was NOT Islam related.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    House prices, immigration anyone?
    They will be tomorrows news. Mark my words.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I heard a quiz on the radio once where the Disc Jockey asked for the name of a country in Europe beginning with "F". He wouldn't accept Finland because, he said, "I think you'll find that's over in Scandanavia".

So the poor sod lost.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

House prices, immigration anyone?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment: