• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Manchester is the biggest s***hole in England"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Try living in the armpit of England. More failing schools than anywhere. More drugs than anywhere else. More cases of rickets than anywhere. The council has also now begun advertising how crappy the place is. Many buses have adverts that remind residents that they die 8 years sooner than anywhere else. thanks for letting me know.

No wonder Jack never bothers to hang around.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    yes the water buffalo club - I wonder if Spod was in that also?
    Nope, never been of the Antideluvian persuasion.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    yes the water buffalo club - I wonder if Spod was in that also?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied

Yes, I saw that. And they had a sort of early freemasons.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "They did capture a German in Dad's Army once. He asked for Pike's name... "

I know but he was hardly siht your pants scary either.

Looking back on it my history lessons at school, they were a right old crock of siht. I mean look at prehistoric man. Living in a cave, scavenging for food. What Bolloxs that was - I saw one documentary where it depicted prehistoric man living in conditions to those we live in. They had relatively advanced housing and even a family unit of sorts. They had well developed skills also, not the Ugg which we were told about. In the documentary I saw they spoke pretty good English with the odd strange word thrown in but you can forgive them that at least. I've looked it up and YabaDabaDoo is not listed in the dictionary. They even had cars and jobs!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    "I learned all about Liverpool from watching Brookside, and WWII must have been great fun for everyone according to 'Allo 'Allo."

Well if you cosider that there wasn't any action in Allo Allo, dads army or it aint half hot mum, I think the whole second world war was just one big scam!
    Yes, one big holiday adventure!

They did capture a German in Dad's Army once. He asked for Pike's name...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by janey View Post
    Hull has to be one of the biggest sh!th0les around!!!
    I haven't seen this Sh!th0les league table that Manchester is allegedly the runaway leader of but, as I form my opinions of its inhabitants wholly from observing John Prescott, Hull must be up in the UEFA Cup places at least.

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Hull has to be one of the biggest sh!th0les around!!!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "I learned all about Liverpool from watching Brookside, and WWII must have been great fun for everyone according to 'Allo 'Allo."

Well if you cosider that there wasn't any action in Allo Allo, dads army or it aint half hot mum, I think the whole second world war was just one big scam!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Where does the guy who founded "Carcraft" live"

Rochdale - He built a huge house at Hollingworth lake and then sold it to Paul Scholes.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Where does the guy who founded "Carcraft" live?
    Our very own Tony English lives to the north too. He pretends to support Man Utd but he's a closet Spotlander.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    "Don't be confused. Coronation Street is in Weatherfield. "

The residents here seem to much happier than their counterparts in the South. In Walford nobody seems to even own a washer. Is that normal down there. But neither of these seem as bad as Australia. There is one street which seems to get a lot of coverage - Ramsey Street where the goings on are quite shocking considering that it is just one street! Presumably the goings on in Ramsey Street can be applied to all other Australian streets. On that basis it's hardly surprising that as soon as they have saved up some cash they all head over here for our IT and bar work.

I learned all about Liverpool from watching Brookside, and WWII must have been great fun for everyone according to 'Allo 'Allo.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Manchester is the second best city in the UK. It has the problems London had a couple of decades ago. It's very much have and have nots, more than ever now. All those with money (and I'm talking some seriously rich people) live south of the city and those with nothing to the North.
    Where does the guy who founded "Carcraft" live?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Manchester is the second best city in the UK. It has the problems London had a couple of decades ago. It's very much have and have nots, more than ever now. All those with money (and I'm talking some seriously rich people) live south of the city and those with nothing to the North.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Don't be confused. Coronation Street is in Weatherfield. "

The residents here seem to much happier than their counterparts in the South. In Walford nobody seems to even own a washer. Is that normal down there. But neither of these seem as bad as Australia. There is one street which seems to get a lot of coverage - Ramsey Street where the goings on are quite shocking considering that it is just one street! Presumably the goings on in Ramsey Street can be applied to all other Australian streets. On that basis it's hardly surprising that as soon as they have saved up some cash they all head over here for our IT and bar work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X