• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The doom cycle is underway"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by jobstats.co.uk View Post
    Hi DimPrawn,

When kept up-to-date the site is incredibly useful and I hope I can get it back to a state where it is worth regularly returning.

We want to allow ineractive charts where you can specify time-frames and overlay skills to compare trends and rates for multiple skills.

The skill capturing is pretty ropey on the current system, we have greatly improved this and will also be breaking skills down in a more logical way to make it easier to navigate all the skills we find.

Geographical comparisons is a good idea, no reason why we should not be able to include these, thanks.
    Hey Mr Jobstat
    Always thought your site was useful when up to date
    If I may make a suggestion - why not include a forum for like minded contractors to discuss trends and the Industry in general - you could also allow anonymous logins to reduce any admin overhead

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    A quality thread from DP - the doom was just beginning....

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    If you have any suggestions as to what you would like to see on the site then now is the time to shout.
    Could you overlay the number of Fast track Visas being issued on your demand for staff graph

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Though there is something wrong with the 'Trends in the hourly rates offered for all jobs' graph key.
    Where it says:-

rate offered by more than 10% of adverts
    rate offered by more than 25% of adverts
    Median rate
    rate offered by more than 75% of adverts

Isn't that the wrong way round?

RS

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Hi Jobstats,

I like the 'bare bones' look & feel of the site as it is.
    It's the content that draws me there not the presentation.

Above all, please don't make any changes to the way in which the stats are collected or calculated. Doing this would prevent us from making comparisons with previous years (e.g. comparing today with 2000).

RS

Leave a comment:

• mace
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Hello JobStats. I used to use the site a lot.

Would be good to have better (interactive charts), clean up the skills (too many) and have contract rate trends by location.

Well done.

Doomed!

Yeh and call it http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/

I prefer jobstats because it's more raw. Put off by it due to the large gaps when nobody was updating it, and also that large spike in job demand which apparantly occurred a year ago, I never noticed.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    what utter tosh, surely it depends on what field your in?

just got a renewal for 6 months (previous was 3) AND £50 a day rise due to "market demand"..

the Chef household will have a great xmas me thinks.. now run along boy and buy the biggest turkey you can find

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Hi Guys

Glad you found the information useful. Rates certainly are looking a bit shaky! Can see a usual downturn in rates at this time of year but this time it certainly is more pronounced.

Obviously with the Citigroup, Merrill Lynch and Northern Rock news recently it is not surprising that the financial and banking contracts are on the dwindle as projects are shelved while the full extent of the sub-prime shenanigans unveils. Interesting times ahead I fear.

By way of an introduction - I took this site over recently from Nick who originally built it and am in the process of re-making to give more insights into the data. If you have any suggestions as to what you would like to see on the site then now is the time to shout.
    Did you create those graphs on an Amstrad PC 1640?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by someone has my name View Post
    RELAX,,

Rates and contract numbers always drop this time of year,,
    ...likewise the barmaid's knickers.

Grey Slate Index remains firmly in the Grey.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by someone has my name View Post
    RELAX,,

Ditto house prices.

Leave a comment:

• someone has my name
    replied
    RELAX,,

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    I always wondered why the chart goes from september to september?

Wonder if we're on another rollercoaster like 2000-2003 ?
    not yet - this is more like 1998 than 2000.

but 2010-2013 will not be good...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Hi Guys
    Hi

If you have any suggestions as to what you would like to see on the site then now is the time to shout.
    The pages are a mess looks like they haven't been redesigned in anyway since the late 90's

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Contract rates:

http://www.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d...71104.1155.png

Key

Black = rate offered by more than 10% of adverts
    Green = rate offered by more than 25% of adverts
    Blue = Median rate
    Red = rate offered by more than 75% of adverts

Demand for Contract staff:

http://www.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d...71104.1155.png

If you've got a big mortgage to pay, you might be in for a bumpy ride.

Renewed at beginning of October on an increased rate, if only my stock market and housing market timing was this good.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    I always wondered why the chart goes from september to september?

Wonder if we're on another rollercoaster like 2000-2003 ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X