• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: mac attack

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "mac attack"

Collapse

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    But my speccy is better than your C64...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    I am not sure how much more out of the box you get than taking the upgarde OS out of the box and installing it.... and then blue screening.

Stop wriggling, you know the Leopard system is flawed and that it makes a mockery of the 'it just works' ad campaign, you are just to brainwashed by Apple to accept it.

You need an intervention, I will send ATW around to rescue you from the apple cult.
    The leopard system is flawed? Yes, in a small way for a tiny population.

There are three bugs I know of - blue screen on install, Time machine doesn't work on a Network Share and the file move thing.

None of these are a big deal, (although I would like TM to work over the network).

To say the whole OS is flawed is a bit much. I've told you a billion times, don't exaggerate.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And they wrote almost everything in FORTRAN and wore mountain boots to work.

Just in case an alp suddenly erected itself in the computer room.
    And they drank bitter, obscene quantities of it!

Churchill - In "It were grim then" mode!

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Hehehehehehehe

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    What do you think?
    Is that a rhetorical question?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    what do you think?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    How cool is that? Hmm, is that a rhetorical question?
    what do you think?

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    I am not sure how much more out of the box you get than taking the upgarde OS out of the box and installing it.... and then blue screening.

Stop wriggling, you know the Leopard system is flawed and that it makes a mockery of the 'it just works' ad campaign, you are just to brainwashed by Apple to accept it.

You need an intervention, I will send ATW around to rescue you from the apple cult.
    Depends on whether or not you are doing an upgrade or a fresh install. Do you work in IT? If you are doing an upgrade and you have a dodgy 3rd party gui then expect issues. I am not saying it was faultless or seamless, but all in all it was better than the Vista release and given the choice, I would use a Mac rather than anything else. I do however use Windows 2000 at work and it sucks. I have used all flavours of Windows and supported them all.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    I'm liking the space's function so far.

It means I can keep this thread opened separate from my workspace, how cool is that? This is a plus...
    How cool is that? Hmm, is that a rhetorical question?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'm liking the space's function so far.

It means I can keep this thread opened separate from my workspace, how cool is that? This is a plus...

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    The clue was "Threaded" he invented the Y-MP and sold the design to Uncle Seymour.
    Did you know uncle Seymour died in an accident in his Jeep Cherokee.

The interesting part is that his Jeep Cherokee vehicle was designed using a Cray supercomputer.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Yes, for the biggest majority of people...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    But that came out in 92, the AIM-65 came out in 76, not a very fair comparison.

The clue was "Threaded" he invented the Y-MP and sold the design to Uncle Seymour.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    I've just installed leopard on the mac mini and switched off the firewall to all incoming non-sense.

So far so good, using the scroll in finder to preview documents is very pretty... but is it useful -
    I guess it could be useful, but I never really use it myself..I like the stacked icons idea on the dock though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X