• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Was Enoch Powell right?"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Similarly a random program generator’s unlikely to find polynomial time solutions to NP complete problems. Even if left to run overnight.

This text was computer generated and any resemblance to works of fiction or being even slightly interesting is entirely coincidental.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The best they could come up with was this
    Yes every single one of those monkeys thought their random witterings were actually interesting.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    It was once thought if you had an infinite number of monkeys hitting a typewriter one would eventually create all the works of Shakespere. Yet, with the advent of the internet we know this to be untrue.
    The best they could come up with was this

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    It was once thought if you had an infinite number of monkeys hitting a typewriter one would eventually create all the works of Shakespere. Yet, with the advent of the internet we know this to be untrue.
    Indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Yet, can be considered a more advanced philosophy.
    Quite, satisfies both the corporeal and ethereal constructs.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    To be able to eat ALL the pies one must first exist in corpulent form, don't you think?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    "I ate all the pies" although poetic in itself, doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "I think, therefore I am". Does it?
    Yet, can be considered a more advanced philosophy.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    "I ate all the pies" although poetic in itself, doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "I think, therefore I am". Does it?
    To be able to eat ALL the pies one must first exist in corpulent form, don't you think?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Well, that is opposing point of view, from Descartes.

Yet I recon to be able to think one has to firstly exist.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Yeah but you're all figments of my imagination anyway.
    Well, that is opposing point of view, from Descartes.

Yet I recon to be able to think one has to firstly exist.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Close, but no cigar: Existentialist.
    Yeah but you're all figments of my imagination anyway.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Thanks for that. Is it in "yorkie" or summat?
    Close, but no cigar: Existentialist.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Frankly, it'd be lost on you anyway. So you've not missed anything.
    Thanks for that. Is it in "yorkie" or summat?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I've not seen it dear boy.
    Frankly, it'd be lost on you anyway. So you've not missed anything.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    And still getting loads of hits!
    I've not seen it dear boy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X