• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Winners & Losers RWC"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
    The Haka's are actually changed surprisingly often.......

"There was a change on 27 August 2006 at the House of Pain, Carisbrook in Dunedin, when the All Blacks came up with a new haka, the controversial Kapa o pango haka with its throat-slitting action which some felt was over the top. This haka was written by Ngati Porou's Derek Lardelli. It has not often been used. "
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I remember that one. Was probably a bit OTT.
    Yes, I preferred the one with the disemboweling and red-hot-sword-up-the-arse actions.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

"There was a change on 27 August 2006 at the House of Pain, Carisbrook in Dunedin, when the All Blacks came up with a new haka, the controversial Kapa o pango haka with its throat-slitting action which some felt was over the top. This haka was written by Ngati Porou's Derek Lardelli. It has not often been used. "
    I remember that one. Was probably a bit OTT.

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Personally I like all the Haka's and think it would be a shame if they were changed/removed.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Would you like to see the Haka scrapped?
    No I think it's quite entertaining. Doesn't seem to have any effect though

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    Good thinking. Hmm.

The Scots could do a Highland Fling, the Irish a Riverdance, the French and Italians could invent some sort of White Flag / Running Away dance... but what would the Welsh do?

Mime shagging some all black sheep?
    ps. I am not racist

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Good thinking. Hmm.

The Scots could do a Highland Fling, the Irish a Riverdance, the French and Italians could invent some sort of White Flag / Running Away dance... but what would the Welsh do?
    The French and Italians could sound the retreat

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You laugh but the Morris dance would REALLY put the other team off. The Haka just makes you want to beat them even more.
    Good thinking. Hmm.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Personally I like all the Haka's and think it would be a shame if they were changed/removed.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You laugh but the Morris dance would REALLY put the other team off. The Haka just makes you want to beat them even more.
    Would you like to see the Haka scrapped?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    No, it's good theatre.

England should do the Morris Dance.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman View Post
    I console myself with the fact its going to be another four years before you get another go at slinging the tulip!

Mailman
    In the meantime you better keep raiding those Islands in the Pacific, because you really do not want to lose on your own turf

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

I wonder how NZ will fare in next years RL world cup........
    Well they won't have the opportunity to choke.

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Not been following the Rugby League then?

44-0

I wonder how NZ will fare in next years RL world cup........

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I like them a lot. And it is precisely because I have such good friends who are both that I take the p*** out of them as much as I do. At the moment it is payback time and I am milking it as much as I can, because I just know it will not be long before they get their own back.
    I console myself with the fact its going to be another four years before you get another go at slinging the sh1t!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X