• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Countdown to the Weekend"

Collapse

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    A pint and a fight - a great British night!

Mate of mine used to always start a row on a Friday night when he got home having been away all week. Clears the air, and then you get to make up
    Probably won't get the chance to get a pint in. It used to clear the air, now it just stirs the mud.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    Yeah, not the Las Vegas hotel kind, just the plain old domestic variety. Just another day in the Zorba household.
    A pint and a fight - a great British night!

Mate of mine used to always start a row on a Friday night when he got home having been away all week. Clears the air, and then you get to make up

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Pizza Hut buffet starts at 3

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Me too I'd said maybe 4 or 5, but actually, I'm away now

ta ta everyone - have a great weekend
    Part timer!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
    Oh, and in true contractor style, I'll finish when I want. Ain't decided if thats gonna be 3pm or 4pm yet tho
    Me too I'd said maybe 4 or 5, but actually, I'm away now

ta ta everyone - have a great weekend

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Tonight: Tennis
    Saturday: Footy in the morning, kids party in the afternoon, DVD + wine + Mrs PRC in evening.
    Sunday: Long ramble from Headley Heath to Box Hill followed by roast for lunch and slobbing about for the rest of the day.

I'm almost tired out from just typing that.

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Oh, and in true contractor style, I'll finish when I want. Ain't decided if thats gonna be 3pm or 4pm yet tho

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
    3 hours to go ...

Parents are down from up north and have INSISTED that they babysit while Mr WA and I go out tonight - so probably beer and curry in the local but a nice and unexpected treat!

Tomorrow - take the parents and the little one to whichever local rugby team are at home, have a few drinks and try to enjoy the game (love rugby but the level we will watch will be something like London north division 4 level). Go home for fireworks in the back garden and then watching everyone else's out the window. Fail to get daughter to sleep at a reasonable time due to the noise! More drinks and family sociableness

Sunday - off to visit rellies in Kent for Sunday lunch and general frivolity!
    Just out of curiosity - do you (Or did you) do a DNS kind of role a while back?

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    3 hours to go ...

Parents are down from up north and have INSISTED that they babysit while Mr WA and I go out tonight - so probably beer and curry in the local but a nice and unexpected treat!

Tomorrow - take the parents and the little one to whichever local rugby team are at home, have a few drinks and try to enjoy the game (love rugby but the level we will watch will be something like London north division 4 level). Go home for fireworks in the back garden and then watching everyone else's out the window. Fail to get daughter to sleep at a reasonable time due to the noise! More drinks and family sociableness

Sunday - off to visit rellies in Kent for Sunday lunch and general frivolity!

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Originally posted by kirk View Post
    Friday - Beer and play with Windows 2008 Server (sad I know)
    Saturday - Newcastle v Portsmouth then night out in the Toon
    Sunday - Drive back, few beers, top gear and recovery
    You down my way then kirk? I'm over in Fareham, but from copnor originally!!!

W/E for me is shaping up as....

Friday - Down the pub in North End (Mischief) with the lads for a few drinks
    Saturday - Playing Badminton for two hours followed by tidying the house coz its a real mess. Night in with the missus watching TV afterwards.
    Sunday - Got Martial Arts weapons training, so waving some sticks (Bokken and Jo) around in the air and trying not to get bashed on the head. Lunch and then probably dinner round the g/f's parents and hopefully down the pub again (Duke of Bucks - Old Ports)

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
    How you doing on diet so far have you weighed yourself yet to see how much you have lost
    I thought we weren't allowed to bring this up until the weigh-in??

Leave a comment:

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    It depends if I find anything I like.

If I fall in love with something, I will just buy it, and (hopefully) get it massively taken in nearer the time.
    How you doing on diet so far have you weighed yourself yet to see how much you have lost

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Fighting?!!
    Yeah, not the Las Vegas hotel kind, just the plain old domestic variety. Just another day in the Zorba household.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    Friday: fighting.
    Saturday: possibly more fighting, gardening, sort brakes on car out.
    Sunday: another wasted day.
    Fighting?!!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Are you buying a dress, or just looking?
    It depends if I find anything I like.

If I fall in love with something, I will just buy it, and (hopefully) get it massively taken in nearer the time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X