• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Something to discuss"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by miffy View Post
    Fajitas

I think I'll have those for tea tonight...
    I had them for lunch.

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Fajitas

I think I'll have those for tea tonight...

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    Local (posh looking) sarnie shop near current gig does gourmet sandwiches. At the moment they have a steak, Stilton, other lovelies hot in a toasted ciabatta.

hmmmmmmm

Love it.

Normally though it'd probably be crispy duck with those pancakes or Rogan Josh, although a decent peppered steak (again cooked in seconds) is always a winner.

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Tony
    replied
    Pork chops with crème fresh and mushrooms with loads of fragrant rice!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    what is your favourite meal..
    A nice rare roast beef is nice.

Lamb with cloves of garlic hammered into it, barbecued.

Chicken satay with half and half.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear View Post
    I hear that ham and tomato sandwiches with mustard are quite nice
    They're my favourite.

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    I hear that ham and tomato sandwiches with mustard are quite nice

Leave a comment:

• chasingtheaurora
    replied
    Nope.

Take a steak, cut it along the long axis and then smear the inside liberally with stilton. Sew up steak (surgical sutures) then marinade overnight in red wine.

Flash cook - timescale measurable in seconds.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Mmmm crispy peking duck. Yummy.

Difficult question chef... I don't know about absolute favorite but for me it's pretty hard to beat a roast lamb Sunday lunch.

Leave a comment:

• Hevra
    replied
    Hmm, depends on mood. I love roast dinners, but if I'm feeling down I like cheese and onion pasty, beans and chips, with plenty of brown sauce on the side

Hevra

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Explain. The word 'steak' piques my interest, but I'm worried it might be like the 'duck' in 'Bombay Duck'. Or is that 'Peking Duck'?

Leave a comment:

• chasingtheaurora
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    This is my 500th post therefore i now have "fingers like lightning" wooosh ... see .. that fast...

so in honour of this milestone i think (as a chef) we should all discuss something close to my heart..

Pasta. Lots and lots and lots of lovely pasta.

Failing which, carpet bag steak. Has anyone had this or am I going to have to explain what it is?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    started a topic Something to discuss

Something to discuss

This is my 500th post therefore i now have "fingers like lightning" wooosh ... see .. that fast...

so in honour of this milestone i think (as a chef) we should all discuss something close to my heart..

Working...
X