• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "oh dear: Hiddink mocks England's tactics"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Actually you're right.
    He made the statement yesterday:
    http://www.itv-football.co.uk/story/...815248,00.html

Not enough wonga offered, then
    Unless it's just a negotiation ploy.
    Originally posted by Jose Mourinho
    I think there are those who adore me in England.
    Modest as ever.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    If that is true, he is mad.
    Actually you're right.
    He made the statement yesterday:
    http://www.itv-football.co.uk/story/...815248,00.html

Not enough wonga offered, then
    Unless it's just a negotiation ploy.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    If that is true, he is mad.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Sorry guys you're both wrong. He wants it.

"Observer Sport first revealed the Portuguese's interest in taking on the post on 23 September, four days after his departure from Chelsea. Though Mourinho has been the victim of prurient tabloid interest in his personal life since then, his interest in managing England has not diminished. 'Nothing has changed,' said a source close to Mourinho yesterday. 'If something happened to McClaren and the FA invited Jose to do the job he would be very interested in taking it on. It is a real possibility."

The Sun said roughly the same thing. And a PR mate of mine reckons this is how things are done. If he didn't want it, he would have made an official announcement denying the press reports.
    There is a lot of activity behind the scenes. You heard it here first.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I don't think he would be a disaster and he wouldn't think so either.
    For England and for Jose it is a disaster not to hit the top score - if he went out in quater final or even in semi final that would still be a bummer for England, he simply does not need this crap especially given that in reality "management" of England's team is limited to a handful of days before actual matches - I am not suprised that players play crap - this is because they rarely play with each other.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I don't think he would be a disaster and he wouldn't think so either. He'd be at least as good as Sven. Getting England to a quarter or semi of a major competition counts as success in this context, when we can't even qualify.
    And his private life seems solid too so no grist for the mill there.
    I'd like him to give it a shot.
    There is no way he would take the England job.

I think I said this somewhere on here before, but he won't have control of his players, their coaching, their tactics, their playing/resting, or anything else for ten or eleven months of the year. That goes completely against the modus operandi that made him successful.

We could employ him as PR guru though!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Jose has already came out and stated that the only national team he'd coach is Portugal.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He is not stupid - to have disaster while being English coach will put him out of top jobs elsewhere, which is why he won't take any of the national teams while he can milk clubs for years to come.
    Wouldn't say that - Sven is at Man City now.

Oh.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He is not stupid - to have disaster while being English coach will put him out of top jobs elsewhere, which is why he won't take any of the national teams while he can milk clubs for years to come.
    I don't think he would be a disaster and he wouldn't think so either. He'd be at least as good as Sven. Getting England to a quarter or semi of a major competition counts as success in this context, when we can't even qualify.
    And his private life seems solid too so no grist for the mill there.
    I'd like him to give it a shot.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    It's all down to the cold, hard cash in the end.
    And he's probably egotistical enough to think he can succeed.
    You might be right, but he's already rich, has rich clubs queueing up for him behind the scenes, and he must know that managing England is a no-win situation.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I liked Alex Fergusons comments last week:

"I think it says a lot that there are more Scots playing in the Champions League this season than there are English players," said Ferguson
    Seems to me that there's something more to be read into that ...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    Don't know but I cannot see him taking it.
    It's all down to the cold, hard cash in the end.
    And he's probably egotistical enough to think he can succeed.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Anyway waht happend to the Sun story this weekend that Mourinho was interested in the England job?
    Don't know but I cannot see him taking it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Hiddink is a master manipulator of the media.
    Sounds like he can get a nice job in Nu Liebor election campaign team

Leave a comment:

Working...
X