• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: How did...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How did..."

Collapse

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    Thanks to Clippy for raising this one - there's a lot of lore on this board that is assumed e.g. certain people's animosity towards one another (sasguru, AtW, threaded, Churchill... the list goes on). I'm still learning but this has helped a lot!
    Exactly, which is why http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...tml#post322490

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Ah ha, he's quick this one.
    Don't worry Threaded, I still believe everything you say.

(Quickly crossses fingers)

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    MR T please tell them about your contributions to major scientific understanding, just to shut them up

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Oh dear, frightened of saying something on a fora that you wouldn't say to their face.

Most here have all worked with each other one time or the other. Even if they deny it.
    You'd be surprised the kind of nonsense people hurl at each other through the anonymity of the internet, followed by the shame at a real-life encounter!

People are still people, and have feelings that can be hurt. Or might be bigger and considerably more keen on violence than you. Whatever the case, tread carefully if your mouth is bigger than your brain!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Ha, ha - I see a pattern (Walter Mitty'esque one) emerging!
    Ah ha, he's quick this one.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You get the idea now, Clippy?
    Ha, ha - I see a pattern (Walter Mitty'esque one) emerging!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    Well, ok, of course it's a forum on the internet so the basic premise is that men are men, women are men and it's all b*llsh*t. Only thing is that some of us have actually worked together so you do need to be a bit careful who you 'banter' with!
    Oh dear, frightened of saying something on a fora that you wouldn't say to their face.

Most here have all worked with each other one time or the other. Even if they deny it.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    If it were the old board you could search it.
    Nah, tried that - didn't come up with much:

http://p201.ezboard.com/General/fcukfrm1

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yeah, someone phoned up wanting an account a few weeks ago.

Fine, says I, but first I need several hundred thousand kroner for the lecky bill just to switch it on.

Upon which they lost interest.

You get the idea now, Clippy?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    According to fiddle, threaded should also be credited with:

Showing Einstein how to do maths
    Inventing Radio
    Valour during WW2
    Winning World Surfing Championships
    Invention of Time Machine

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Don't forget the Cray...
    Yeah, someone phoned up wanting an account a few weeks ago.

Fine, says I, but first I need several hundred thousand kroner for the lecky bill just to switch it on.

Upon which they lost interest.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Animosity? Oh dear. You miss the point of the game if you think that.
    Well, ok, of course it's a forum on the internet so the basic premise is that men are men, women are men and it's all b*llsh*t. Only thing is that some of us have actually worked together so you do need to be a bit careful who you 'banter' with!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    So what was your contribution to a Nobel prize then, Threaded?
    MRI, I'm sure you can google the rest.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...bel#post127991

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X