• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "is that an extension in your pocket?"

Collapse

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    OK - you can rest easy.

I don't hate you all any more.

6 months new contract, new part of the same project, rate increase, option of a 6 month extension at the end (at least).

Gotta love public sector!
    You got it?? Well done!!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Until I get a new project, I hate the lot of you.
    OK - you can rest easy.

I don't hate you all any more.

6 months new contract, new part of the same project, rate increase, option of a 6 month extension at the end (at least).

Gotta love public sector!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I've got this contract from last June until next March or April. That's long enough, surely?

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    requesting?

requesting?
    Managing expectations in a polite way has never hurt me, yet.

Except with the wife regarding marital duties, of course

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    I've got a couple of months to go before my current extension ends just before Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    that's what we like! keep the extensions coming!

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    On Monday morning I was requesting days off around x-mas. After getting it approve I asked the boss-woman if I should start looking for a new gig from Jan 1. And she promptly replied "Definately NOT!!!"

So I got extended as well this week. Just don't know for how long - most likely to the end of April. Might be time for a long summer vacation after that

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by bored View Post
    And here am I, trying to weasel out of an extension while maintaining a good relationship. Its still a couple of months ahead but they are already pressuring me to extend
    Hit 'em with the old 'I've been approached by an old client' one. Gets 'em every time.

Leave a comment:

• bored
    replied
    And here am I, trying to weasel out of an extension while maintaining a good relationship. Its still a couple of months ahead but they are already pressuring me to extend

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Don't hate me - I just bought everyone a black russian.

"Don't be shy - introduce yourself..."

Cheers!
    I'd be less inclined if the "Am I going the right way?" thread came back...

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    bloomin' heck well done hackers and scotty!

thanks for the black russian

a guinness next i think.

come on england!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Don't hate me - I just bought everyone a black russian.

"Don't be shy - introduce yourself..."

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Until I get a new project, I hate the lot of you.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Quite pleased really - as their first offer took me to Jan. Not a good time to be looking.

to you all - share the love - enjoy the weekend - and enjoy the game!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Bloody hell!!!!!

What a day for CUK!!!

Very well done everybody!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X