• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who will win the Rugby World Cup?"

Collapse

• Chugnut
    replied
    No side flukes their way to a final, SA have just been more consistent. We'll have to see how Cueto does in for Lewsey.

I just hope it doesn't end up being kick central. After Robinson's amazing performance against France, it'd be fantastic to some decent runs at 'em.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Will South Africa choke?

Their cricketers are perennial chokers, and the rugby team only won the 1995 Rugby World Cup because 18 of the All Black team went down with food poisoning the night before the game.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    32-9 to SA

If that is possible

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ah well, I don't expect a win but will be the happiest guy in the world to be proved wrong
    Winning when not expecting it is always sweet

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Ah well, I don't expect a win but will be the happiest guy in the world to be proved wrong. England are going to have to take some risks though ....

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    In normal circumstances if SA play to their potential i.e. the forwards stand up and the backs get a fair share of the ball it would be a win by 15 points or more to SA. However WC finals are not normal circumstances. If Eng forwards can get amongst them, if Eng defend well for 60 min, and retain posession for long periods then anything can happen.

Leave a comment:

• RightLaugh
    replied
    Backs are weak compared to SA though. And as Chuggy says Montgomery (kicking better than Johnny at the mo) and Habana (scores at least a try a match) will make it hard.
    of course it will be hard it's a final. All I'm saying is we have a chance.
    It will be hard for SA as well. They will know they've been in a match I can guarantee you that. England will got out without any pressure. If they lose then it's expected and they've done well to get this far. It they win then .... well you know.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post
    No. 3 in the world rankings.
    world champions.
    in another final.
    beaten Australia and France.
    Johnny Wilkinson.

If this was any other team everyone would say they would have a chance.
    Backs are weak compared to SA though. And as Chuggy says Montgomery (kicking better than Johnny at the mo) and Habana (scores at least a try a match) will make it hard.

Leave a comment:

• RightLaugh
    replied
    No. 3 in the world rankings.
    world champions.
    in another final.
    beaten Australia and France.
    Johnny Wilkinson.

If this was any other team everyone would say they would have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I felt like Desmond Morris
    Oi! Take your fluff elsewhere, girlies. This is a man's thread.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    He can freeze on a big occasion though. So I've heard from some Saffers here.
    Let's hope so, he's having a great tournament so far though.

I think it's going to be a hell of a game; many finals aren't. England have a psychological mountain to climb after their last game with SA. But then again, look at the first 5 minutes of the France game, and who would have predicted that?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    26 girls..... cocktails, sunshine.... Better than Blackpool anyday, for the record I was too scared to go and see Sticky Vicky.... that and me Ma wouldn't let me.
    I felt like Desmond Morris

Leave a comment:

• chasingtheaurora
    replied
    What was the story before of the SA artillery piece? Imagine a well-aimed one in Paris tomorrow ...

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    26 girls..... cocktails, sunshine.... Better than Blackpool anyday, for the record I was too scared to go and see Sticky Vicky.... that and me Ma wouldn't let me.
    Go on, what the hell is Sticky Vicky? I'm having to ask far too many of these sorts of questions today. I think I should leave the forum.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    Agreed, but just to be sure I'd suggest we put a second shooter in the book depository for Montgomery. He's pretty handy.
    He can freeze on a big occasion though. So I've heard from some Saffers here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X