• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "John Lewis Never Undersold"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    It's also worth noting that empiredirect.co.uk have a retail outlet besides the internet. So you should be able to get them to price match against them also.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    JL: I have found their Customer Care to be A1, so maybe think about that? A thought, that's all.

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    Thats the way I have read it as well. Just really wanted another perpesctive so I don't march in their and start ranting.

Thanks Jedi

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    http://www.johnlewis.com/jl_assets/pdf/nku_jl.pdf

They will cover any 'normal' shop in the UK so I was wrong and JL are even better than I thought!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I think you will find its local stores otherwise they would have to match every Tom, Dick and Harry independent dealer whenever they have a one off promotion, saying that I got JL Bristol to price match Empire direct up north.

But if it's a national chain you shouldn't have a problem.

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I did it before, I saw an ad. in the paper, brought it in. I think there is a time limit, as they checked the date on my bill against the date on the paper. Then gave me a refund.

HTH
    Was the advert for a shop local to the shop you purchased the item from? I thought the policy was any UK shop for the refund policy.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I know someone who bought a TV from there and 2 weeks later they were giving away a free DVD player with the same model so he rang and asked if he could have one, no problem.

I like JL.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick View Post
    Just bought a Panasonic plasma TV from JL and have found it cheaper in other UK shops. Anybody ever claimed a refund on the difference from JL before. Interested in the process i.e proof and time it takes to verify claim etc.

Cheers
    I did it before, I saw an ad. in the paper, brought it in. I think there is a time limit, as they checked the date on my bill against the date on the paper. Then gave me a refund.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Yep, but I think you only get 28 days and it has to be within a reasonable distance from their store, in stock and on display, just tell them where it is and they cough up without question.

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    started a topic John Lewis Never Undersold

John Lewis Never Undersold

Just bought a Panasonic plasma TV from JL and have found it cheaper in other UK shops. Anybody ever claimed a refund on the difference from JL before. Interested in the process i.e proof and time it takes to verify claim etc.

Cheers

Working...
X