• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fecking Conservatives"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Do you think the tories have all the answers? I see little evidence and I don't seem to have done too badly of late.

We need another John Major without the 'Bastards'.
    or the cones hotline

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Iraq forced the borrowing, of which I seem to remember the Tories supported at the time. Looks like only the Lib dems would have wasted less
    Labour borrowed £22billion in 2002/03, before the war and this has increased every year since. In any case the war is not costing £40billion a year!

As has already been said, the Conservatives did support but this was on the basis that Bliar had told the truth.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Remember Matrix Churchill?
    Is that a new member on here? Part Xenophon, part doggy?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    The Tories backed the war in Iraq based on a pack of Labour lies. 45 minutes to mass destruction Mr Bliar?
    I you believe they wouldn't have used the same lies? Remember Matrix Churchill?

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Iraq forced the borrowing, of which I seem to remember the Tories supported at the time. Looks like only the Lib dems would have wasted less

The Tories backed the war in Iraq based on a pack of Labour lies. 45 minutes to mass destruction Mr Bliar?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    Labour run out of money and the Conservatives have to sort the mess out.

This New Labour government has wasted money, not reformed the public services, spins faster than anyone, and is borrowing £36 billion when the economy is doing well, what would the bill be if we faced a downturn, £100 billion!!!

The s**t is yet to hit the fan, most people cannot see the evidence of what a mess Gordo has got us in, he will probably win but then he can try and sort out his mess.

God I am angry this early of the morning!

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    But Gordon only has to continue building up debt, expand the money supply, extend cheap credit to the markets, and we can live a life of luxury on the back of ever soaring house prices.

Well, for another few years maybe.

Also, IR35 has been a bit hit and miss. Some better targeted legislation I'm sure and IT contracting can be made illegal, and we can all get non-jobs in the Public Sector, with solid gold final salary pensions thrown in.

And don't forget the War on Terror. Without Labour, the terrorists would have killed us all by now.

The Tories might stop immigration, and we won't have millions of people to look after us in our old age.

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I never thought I would say it but as it stands I think Gordon is the safer bet, 'Green and socially conscious tories? Feck off.
    I think is quite scary that people cannot see Brown for what he is, a sleazy fecking career politician; never had a job in the real world; now head of the most corrupt government of this century and the last! Gentle reminder he has been at the centre of the Liebour government that has been in power for the last ten years

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    Labour run out of money and the Conservatives have to sort the mess out.

This New Labour government has wasted money, not reformed the public services, spins faster than anyone, and is borrowing £36 billion when the economy is doing well, what would the bill be if we faced a downturn, £100 billion!!!

The s**t is yet to hit the fan, most people cannot see the evidence of what a mess Gordo has got us in, he will probably win but then he can try and sort out his mess.

God I am angry this early of the morning!

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    dont worry, we have no intention of not getting our deserved 20%
    Deserved...pah!!

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    :d

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Fran View Post
    Let's not miss out you're lot and nice little package you'd add to our fees!
    dont worry, we have no intention of not getting our deserved 20%

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    Let's not miss out you're lot and nice little package you'd add to our fees!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Fran View Post
    If only there were contractor politicians. We could go in, charge a fortune and sort the country out!

You already do. The only bit missing is that you dont sort the country out

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    If only there were contractor politicians. We could go in, charge a fortune and sort the country out!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X