• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "what to have for tea."

Collapse

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    because I wanna get home asap and be already fed and ready to meet the g'friend

the only good thing about working away from home.. coming back
    I remember those days... happy times! Missus won't let me work away anymore - I wouldn't be doing my fair share with the kids...

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Ah Jaysus, don't say that we are going to Haydock..... never been there before so it will be a first. I usually go to the Curragh (at home in Ireland) and it's a good day. Tomorrow there's about 10 girls going so should be a laugh and a good piss up! Hangover permitting!
    Maybe you'll up the tone of the place then

If you're inebriated you won't notice the rest of it, hopefully...

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    Why not save your hunger and treat yourself to a trip to the Gaucho Grill on arrival? Mmmm... steak platter...
    because I wanna get home asap and be already fed and ready to meet the g'friend

the only good thing about working away from home.. coming back

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Blimey, quite the weekend. I like Chester races (especially the summer evening ones) but I've always found Haydock to be a bit scummy. Not been to any other courses/tracks/whatever you call them...
    Ah Jaysus, don't say that we are going to Haydock..... never been there before so it will be a first. I usually go to the Curragh (at home in Ireland) and it's a good day. Tomorrow there's about 10 girls going so should be a laugh and a good piss up! Hangover permitting!

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Treat for us too - I love it though and all that red wine, going to have the worst hangover tomorrow. My day at the races tomorrow will be a disaster if I am not careful!
    Blimey, quite the weekend. I like Chester races (especially the summer evening ones) but I've always found Haydock to be a bit scummy. Not been to any other courses/tracks/whatever you call them...

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    But it's even cheaper than a Little Chef
    Haha

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Dammit! I need to re-read the chapter of The Internet Stalker's Handbook on 'How Not To Be Seen'...

That place is top - but they've gone a bit bonkers on the wine list. I love the dippy chilli oil and bread!

Kebab for me, though... Gaucho is a treat!
    Treat for us too - I love it though and all that red wine, going to have the worst hangover tomorrow. My day at the races tomorrow will be a disaster if I am not careful!

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    No way, thats where I am going tonight with b/f..... spooky!
    Dammit! I need to re-read the chapter of The Internet Stalker's Handbook on 'How Not To Be Seen'...

That place is top - but they've gone a bit bonkers on the wine list. I love the dippy chilli oil and bread!

Kebab for me, though... Gaucho is a treat!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Why not save your hunger and treat yourself to a trip to the Gaucho Grill on arrival? Mmmm... steak platter...
    No way, thats where I am going tonight with b/f..... spooky!

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    whatever slop they serve on the Euston - Manchester Virgin Train..

could be worse, could be the Aberdeen Angus Cheeseburger they sell to cattle class

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    whatever slop they serve on the Euston - Manchester Virgin Train..

could be worse, could be the Aberdeen Angus Cheeseburger they sell to cattle class

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    I'm going to M&S for (not just any) nibbles - me and my lad are having a proper snuggly night in tonight. Loads of downloaded tele to watch, fire on, nice red wine, PJ's, and a table full of nibbles

Yum, yum, yum
    We do this one too, increasingly often. Nothing beats that seafood platter thing and a couple of bottles of Chablis...mmm...

Kebab for me tonight though! Turkish Delight...

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I'm going to M&S for (not just any) nibbles - me and my lad are having a proper snuggly night in tonight. Loads of downloaded tele to watch, fire on, nice red wine, PJ's, and a table full of nibbles

Yum, yum, yum

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Robster View Post
    trouser press?
    And your plan would be to lay it on the floor over-ride the thermostat and cook away.

another sad case!

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    One takes one's own... along with the dvd/video combo...
    That's sad, very sad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X