• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What was your last permie wage?"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    "Never done a permie job. .

University 90-93
    Temping 93-96
    Contracting 96-07"

Same here! Mine goes

University 88-92 - Worked for Shell through all my holidays
    Temping 92-93
    Contracting 93-07
    Likewise.
    University 96-00
    Contracting 98-07
    Had to get the client to agree to breaks in service so I could do my exams and graduate.

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I only ask because senior permie positions in my field pay nowhere near that, management may get you 60-70, you'd have to be a least mid 30s in age for that. But it seems a fair few here are getting very large salaries at very young ages for non management roles.

The job you did however did seem very demanding.
    And I'm not young! Been in IT since 1983 (was young then though!)

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    £30k plus around £15k in overtime.
    Ironically this was just before I was laid off in 2001.

Still, it gave me the push to go contracting............
    Last edited by RSoles; 28 September 2007, 16:35. Reason: fixing a broken banana

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I only ask because senior permie positions in my field pay nowhere near that, management may get you 60-70, you'd have to be a least mid 30s in age for that. But it seems a fair few here are getting very large salaries at very young ages for non management roles.

The job you did however did seem very demanding.

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    What did you do to get paid that much?

You must be on 2k a day as a contractor?
    Same as I do now - Programme Management.

I didn't go into contracting for the money (day rate nothing like £2K but still a nice wodge). I needed to start to have some control over where I was working and what I was doing - pick and choose my projects so I wasn't spending my life in airports and hotels (today is Wednesday this must be Frankfurt etc.) and also to work on the sort of programmes I wanted to - not just the ones where my employer could generate most income!! my charge rate was around the £2K a day rate and if that meant they sent me somewhere obscure to some obnoxious client and an undeliverable programme then they'd do it to get the money.

Now I decide if I want to be in an obscure place with an obnoxious client - and funnily enough that isn't what I want so I don't do it ...

Haven't looked back - good gigs in places where I get to see my family and a little bit of an up in income to make it just dandy!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
    £82k plus benefits in 2003

Windy
    What did you do to get paid that much?

You must be on 2k a day as a contractor?

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    £31k in 2005

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    £82k plus benefits in 2003

Windy

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    27k + car + final salary etc...

a pitance compared to now!

Leave a comment:

• ContractIn
    replied
    It must have been hard back in those days, did you have to eat economy caviar?
    Yes but only on Monday's!!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
    59k plus car 05...

Can't believe I managed to get by back then!
    It must have been hard back in those days, did you have to eat economy caviar?

Leave a comment:

• ContractIn
    replied
    59k plus car 05...

Can't believe I managed to get by back then!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Ivor1 View Post
    £2.5 million, plus Enzo company car, fully expensed Mayfair mansion
    you are threaded and I claim my £5

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    £2.5 million, plus Enzo company car, fully expensed Mayfair mansion

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    No quite right, that was your "street" name. It must hurt to be called that now.
    Now that you've moved on we'll call you "Trevor"
    sasguru: The connoisseur of all things botty.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X