• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Best Sandwich

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best Sandwich"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I remember moving to the Midlands from the North West and asking in a chip shop for a chip barm.... I got puzzled looks and quickly realised that they don't do barms in the Midlands.
    So I changed it to chips and gravy, I was almost laughed out of the shop. Gravy... Gravy... we have curry sauce if that's any good
    Reminds me of a Peter Kay standup thing.

Don't do peas.
    Don't do gravy.
    Don't do curry sauce.

"Ast thou owt moist???"

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Surely the best contractor sandwich would be a Wagyu Beef, then followed by a chocolate pudding, all washed down with a nice glass of fizz

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Barm cake / Bap

Bigger and flatter than your traditional roll.
    I remember moving to the Midlands from the North West and asking in a chip shop for a chip barm.... I got puzzled looks and quickly realised that they don't do barms in the Midlands.
    So I changed it to chips and gravy, I was almost laughed out of the shop. Gravy... Gravy... we have curry sauce if that's any good

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    So is a teacake the same as a barm cake, cob, batch, roll ?
    Barm cake / Bap

Bigger and flatter than your traditional roll.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    When I first saw it on the menu, I thought much the same. The I realized that local to us, a teacake is what I would describe as a bap, or maybe even just a "big bun".

But not as big as a stottie, which I've not had for a number of years.
    So is a teacake the same as a barm cake, cob, batch, roll ?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I know i know, still, in my corner of the NW a teacake is like a hot cross bun and a batch is a bap and corn beef is disgusting wherever you live.
    When I first saw it on the menu, I thought much the same. The I realized that local to us, a teacake is what I would describe as a bap, or maybe even just a "big bun".

But not as big as a stottie, which I've not had for a number of years.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Especially if you find an eye in the tin.
    You haven't, have you?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    You may well cry "urggh" if it has currents in it. If it has currants in it, you'll find it'll be much nicer.
    I know i know, still, in my corner of the NW a teacake is like a hot cross bun and a batch is a bap and corn beef is disgusting wherever you live.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    A tea cake ahs currents in it, urggh
    You may well cry "urggh" if it has currents in it. If it has currants in it, you'll find it'll be much nicer.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Not in't north west it doesn't

Leave a comment:

• Tex
    replied
    Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
    Lucy, didn't you murder LB and bury him under your patio?
    He probably deserved it.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Bacon, Sausage, Egg, Mushrooms, Onions, Cheese on a tea cake.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    What about a "waffer-thin meent" to follow?
    Better get a bucket... I think I'm gonna THROW UP.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    I tend not to have Spam on it though.
    What about a "waffer-thin meent" to follow?

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, spam, bacon, spam, tomato and spam... or... Lobster thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
    I tend not to have Spam on it though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X