• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "That's it! Boomed again!"

Collapse

• brownie74
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot View Post
    Probably the credit crunch and related US subprime mess, Journo's (being lazy s**ds) are following up on similar housing stories in the UK now.
    s**ds?

skids?

have i really been out of the UK that long that new swear words are out?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Are they really that laxed here
    That's why Northern Rock shares have gone down the toilet.

I was contracting with a building society in Dublin. I was going over some requirment with the underwriting dept. and someone came over with some faxed declarations. The reply was "you can throw that in the bin, that's not the person in that company who signs the declaration, fake. This self-declaration need 2 years accounts, and if this guy is using that account then he has no clue. No, no and no."
    I tried to get a BoI credit card, much more stringent than here and a crap limit. Capital 1 however just gave me 16k on 0% no admin fee for 9 months for my stoozing activities (thanks capital one for that free money!)

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    The Money Programme had a whole programme devoted to this issue, must have been nearly 5 years ago now, and nothing happened then. So I'm not sure why the BBC are presenting this as news.
    Agreed.

Borrowers fib about their earnings? What a scoop! I've never been so shocked, etc..... yawn..... zzzzzz.

A slow news day methinks.

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    The Money Programme had a whole programme devoted to this issue, must have been nearly 5 years ago now, and nothing happened then. So I'm not sure why the BBC are presenting this as news.
    Probably the credit crunch and related US subprime mess, Journo's (being lazy s**ds) are following up on similar housing stories in the UK now.

Even heard the "Crash" word mentioned on the BBC recenlty. Perhaps its time to put in that 50% offer on the 2 Bedroom flat in Docklands soon

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    Try again

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2497882.ece

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
    no but I've got forearms like iron
    and way too much information.

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    no but I've got forearms like iron

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
    oh AP..love it when you talk financial
    Ok you really are not getting any

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    The market should have gone 5 years ago, but more money in the market from savers in counties like Germany, was lent to chavs in UK. This kept the property high. Credit squeeze will force the market down.
    oh AP..love it when you talk financial

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    The market should have gone 5 years ago, but more money in the market from savers in counties like Germany, was lent to chavs in UK. This kept the property high. Credit squeeze will force the market down.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot View Post

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Prices in E2

I know this area better than any other.

Dont know whether its just me but I can get for 250k now what I would have paid £275k 4-6 months ago.

I think prices are dropping IMPO

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Franko "According to Team Association, the UK-wide network of independent estate agents" They are looking at their income disappearing for the next 6 months at least, what else are they going to say.

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    Estate agents are going to say this to keep the market moving.

The only things you can believe in the current squeeze are impartial...and they're hard to find.

Beginning to wonder if estate agents have a rota to each release a comment on how good the property market is at the moment...

In reality, the property market is stalled...the figures are only starting to come through...once consumer spending drops (as is happening) we're into a recession.

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Are they really that laxed here
    That's why Northern Rock shares have gone down the toilet.

I was contracting with a building society in Dublin. I was going over some requirment with the underwriting dept. and someone came over with some faxed declarations. The reply was "you can throw that in the bin, that's not the person in that company who signs the declaration, fake. This self-declaration need 2 years accounts, and if this guy is using that account then he has no clue. No, no and no."

UK is pretty lax, self-certs were 20% of the mortgage market last year and half the those are said to be fraudulent in someway. Looks like the sub-prime mess in the USA is coming to a suburb near you

On the BBC today
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7010415.stm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X