• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Buy shares this morning ..."

Collapse

• ferret
    replied
    Did you sell in time then SAS or have your profits been slashed this morning?

Leave a comment:

• RightLaugh
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Well as predicted. Stocks at all time highs and I made a few bob (quite a few actually ).
    So we start again - all the time ignoring the fundamental problems.
    But for the wise there's gold in them thar hills.
    what stocks are at all time highs?
    The dow and the ftse are no where near all time highs.
    I think you're probably on a all time high with all those drugs you take.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Can you please change your name to Bulltulipguru and get it over with. Yawn.
    Jealousy will get you nowhere. Loser

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Well as predicted. Stocks at all time highs and I made a few bob (quite a few actually ).
    Can you please change your name to Bulltulipguru and get it over with. Yawn.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    We all knew you would give up on Mary, sooner or later sas.
    Well it's late and I've celebrated with a couple of whiskies, so I'm not getting the joke

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Well as predicted. Stocks at all time highs and I made a few bob ...
    We all knew you would give up on Mary, sooner or later sas.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I don't.

Personally, I reckon that there is no way on earth that the government will let NR die.

The lack of confidence caused by the death of NR would lead to a run on other banks as people wonder "Which one is next? I hope it's not mine, I'd better get my money out bloody quick!!!"
    I agree with you that the gov will do all it possibly can, especially for a bank which has a base within primarily Labour voting regions! But even with the latest guarantee from Darling (even though deposits were pretty much 100% guaranteed with the BofE loan anyway), there is little confidence left amongst Joe Public, however irrational...

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    A&L would of been a better recovery buy, up 27% when I last looked this morning. If we have a rally this afternoon I'm clearing out the last of my share account to become a touchline expert.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    El bounco del cato muerto, me thinko.
    I don't.

Personally, I reckon that there is no way on earth that the government will let NR die.

The lack of confidence caused by the death of NR would lead to a run on other banks as people wonder "Which one is next? I hope it's not mine, I'd better get my money out bloody quick!!!"

Leave a comment:

• brownie74
    replied
    Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
    should have bought Northern Rock shares yesterday when they were -30%. Apparently they are up 10% already this morning.
    that was an obvious one - buy em cheap now - cash in when they get taken over

if they continue plunging, you can make money by short selling too - same with A&L and the others...

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    should have bought Northern Rock shares yesterday when they were -30%. Apparently they are up 10% already this morning.
    El bounco del cato muerto, me thinko.

Leave a comment:

• RightLaugh
    replied
    they were down 40% at 1 one point yesterday after lunch. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    ...coz when the US cuts rates this afternoon, the stock markets will take off.
    Maybe not Northern Crock ones, though
    Bad call sg....NR shares already climbing...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X