• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Wallop!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wallop!"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    "I don't think the English public care very much."

Nope I don't. Couldn't care less about RU. Didn't even bother watching the final a few years back.
    I used to watch the internationals, but started losing interest after everything went full-time in 1995.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    On the subject of footie, it always amazes me how the English assume that a game against a small country should be a walkover, field a weak side, then wonder why they didn't win.
    When did England last do this? I cannot remember...

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "I don't think the English public care very much."

Nope I don't. Couldn't care less about RU. Didn't even bother watching the final a few years back.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Well that excuse may work for you, and I dont mean to brag but it would never work with my misses - cough
    Oh yes it does (cough) ...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    No snaw, that's not my definition - I said size means nothing.
    Well that excuse may work for you, and I dont mean to brag but it would never work with my misses - cough

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Blimey... Georgia ... well done!!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Newsflash - NZ's national sport is rugby, Scotland's is football - I suspect more kiwi's play football than Scots play rugby.

Either way what's your point - England's is over 12 times bigger by your definition - how many times you beat them?
    No snaw, that's not my definition - I said size means nothing.

And rugby isn't England's national sport either, but nevertheless, we've still managed to win the world cup as many times as New Zealand.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    That means nothing. If it did New Zealand would be crap as well!

...and as New Zealand's population is even smaller than Scotland, remind me how many times the Scots have beaten them in their 25-match history - that's right - never!
    Newsflash - NZ's national sport is rugby, Scotland's is football - I suspect more kiwi's play football than Scots play rugby.

Either way what's your point - England's is over 12 times bigger by your definition - how many times you beat them?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Well there is only 5 million of us
    That means nothing. If it did New Zealand would be crap as well!

...and as New Zealand's population is even smaller than Scotland, remind me how many times the Scots have beaten them in their 25-match history - that's right - never!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Chr£$%, I haven't felt that good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Scotland vs England:

Played Won Lost Drawn Pctg
    124 41 66 17 33.06

I wouldn't call that a walkover. In fact on population % we're ahead

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    On the subject of footie, it always amazes me how the English assume that a game against a small country should be a walkover, field a weak side, then wonder why they didn't win.
    I think you will find that when we actually play Scotland it is a walkover

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I've said elsewhere that when England win something, we spend the next year celebrating and let everything slip back to tulipeness. The world cup 1966, the Ashes 2005...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

I can't speak for the Scots as it hasn't been put to the test up there yet...
    Well there is only 5 million of us

http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/franc...cfadden_events
    Last edited by scooterscot; 15 September 2007, 10:00.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I don't think the English public care very much.

I've said elsewhere that when England win something, we spend the next year celebrating and let everything slip back to tulipeness. The world cup 1966, the Ashes 2005...

I can't speak for the Scots as it hasn't been put to the test up there yet...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X