• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Norwich Union

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Norwich Union"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    The Anglian region is lovely, apart from the vampires, prositute-killing psychos and the tedious monotony of the flat-as-a-bastard pancake landscape.
    Not to mention the thieving pikey scum!

Leave a comment:

• gadgetman
    replied
    Well I'm not gay!

Unlikely though, I'm in testing and haven't encountered any eastern european whippersnappers.

And I'm leaving of my own accord rather than as a result of "the cull".

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by mbriody View Post
    I'm on the penultimate day of a contract with them, here in sunny Norwich.

I'll pass on the link to the permies
    i wonder if i know you...

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    The Anglian region is lovely, apart from the vampires, prositute-killing psychos and the tedious monotony of the flat-as-a-bastard pancake landscape.

Leave a comment:

• barely_pointless
    replied
    I was passed a contract gig with them around this time last year, as a mate of mine was leaving, pay was not all that bad, 600/700 per day and I even talked myself and the family into the whole idea of living near* (i.e. Cambridge way - lest one decide to work back in the city at a later date for whatever reasons) and I seem to recall only the documentary about the Norwich teen "girls" who all seemed pregnant at 17 and Steve Coogan's "Now-witch" which kind of put me off, that and the fact that an Indian consultancy was chosen instead within a week they (the consultancy that is) was posting on metalink for help.

Leave a comment:

• gadgetman
    replied
    I'm on the penultimate day of a contract with them, here in sunny Norwich.

I'll pass on the link to the permies

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    One of the 'rising stars' used to work for the council and then Virgin, done nothing else, no MBA no other large multi ...it doesn't show, mal!!
    will you answer your PM's

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    re: offshoring... so true!
    One of the 'rising stars' used to work for the council and then Virgin, done nothing else, no MBA no other large multi ...it doesn't show, mal!!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    re: offshoring... so true!
    Also, should anyone have this misfortune of having to use them, the results are invariably late, don’t work, and are nothing like what was asked for in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    I am sure Norwich Union make sure it doesn't happen so they can hold the city to ransom.

Now they are closing more offices across the country and moving more Norwich city staff out to the buildings that overlook the sewerage works.

Class!
    Ohhh is that the spanky modern ones stuck in the middle of nowhere?

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    The problem with Norwich and pretty much Norfolk in general is that you don't have to go through it to get anywhere, which is why there's no motorways. Lovely place though, Norfolk, I wouldn't have chosen to be born anywhere else.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    The fact that no-one can be arsed to build a motorway near Norwich should tell you something.
    I am sure Norwich Union make sure it doesn't happen so they can hold the city to ransom.

Now they are closing more offices across the country and moving more Norwich city staff out to the buildings that overlook the sewerage works.

Class!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    The fact that no-one can be arsed to build a motorway near Norwich should tell you something.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Norwich? Bowels of Hell?

It used to have a nice market place with the smell of roasting coffee wafting over from one of the shops. Probably a coffee shop.

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    I was a permie, so obviously just keeping my head down, working out when to go contracting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X